We are looking for a Senior Manager/Director to join our team in Dundee. Job Purpose:
The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with the team and Firm's Client Relationship Managers, specialising in the agriculture sector to support the relevant clients grow their business.
As specialists in the agriculture sector, acting for more than 2,000 farming clients across Scotland, we understand the issues which our customers face and the support they need to meet their business objectives. We’re here to help farmers and agriculture businesses whether they need support with accounts or advisory services. The Senior Manager/Director will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Ensure the effective and profitable management of a portfolio of clients,
- Deploying your breadth and depth of technical knowledge and business expertise to provide a first rate and proactive service to those clients.
- Assisting them to grow their business. Whilst assisting us to grow ours through support on business development activities,
- Leading and managing our people and supporting effective and efficient cross firm working practices.
- A leader of your work and your professional learning
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively impact and influence others
- Line management experience
- Relevant experience in the rural sector or a similar role is preferred
- Professional accountancy qualification (ICAS, ACCA or equivalent)
- ATT qualification or equivalent knowledge
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Ability to network and business develop
- A good working knowledge of Xero, Sage & Silverfin would be an advantage
- Communication skills and prioritisation of workload are essential to ensure all deadlines are achieved, as well as possessing the ability to work as part of a team.
With 14 offices across Scotland and beyond, we’re one of the country’s leading firms of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers. Working at Johnston Carmichael means working in a team of over 900 sharp minds - each of which is valued and heard. We support our people to ensure they can grow their own way through proactive learning and development.
At Johnston Carmichael we want what’s best for our clients, our people, and our communities. You’ll be joining a team that’s engaged with its local communities and committed to supporting them. Over the last decade, we’ve raised over £450,000 for charitable causes across Scotland and we’re also Gold Sponsors of the Kiltwalk. You can read more about our culture and the values that define us here.
We have a People and Culture Forum that generates ideas for positive change and has several subgroups including LGBTQIA+ and Gender Equality which seek to educate and encourage everyone in our firm to be themselves in order to do their best work.
If you value enabling leadership, quality, integrity, and a workplace that prioritises giving back as much as you put in, then Johnston Carmichael is the firm for you. Why Business Advisory?
Our vision remains a constant - to be the firm of choice in all our markets. How we get there is what changes year on year.
As the world becomes increasingly digital, we’re embracing technology and we’re taking our clients with us. The role of a business adviser has never been more important in helping businesses adapt and stay on the front foot to ensure they thrive. A career in Business Advisory at Johnston Carmichael is diverse and challenging, as we continually strive to provide the best service for our clients - more efficiency, greater innovation, deeper insight. As part of our Business Advisory team, you’ll build close relationships with clients, truly getting under the skin of their businesses and providing the advice and guidance that will make a real difference for them.
Plus, with 11 key industry sectors, there’s no shortage of variety when it comes to our client base. We’re also an independent member firm of Moore Global Network Limited, a global accounting and advisory network of over 30,000 advisers across more than 110 countries, so you’ll have the opportunity to work with businesses all over the globe. How working for us can work for you:
As a valued member of the Johnston Carmichael team, you’ll benefit from a number of employee benefits including but not exhaustive to; a personal pension scheme, annual leave, and life assurance, as well as your own personal training and development plan. Click here to see what’s on offer at Johnston Carmichael.
We know that 9-5 office hours aren’t for everyone. We support flexible working and also use a hybrid working model. One size doesn’t fit all, so let’s discuss what might work for you and our firm.
Doing the Right Thing and Standing in Other People’s Shoes are two of our core values. We nurture and celebrate individuality at Johnston Carmichael. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all communities. Our culture is one where everyone is enabled to be a leader of their work and their learning.
If you’re ready to work in an innovative and forward-thinking firm alongside talented, sharp minds, apply today. At Johnston Carmichael we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. A copy of this policy will be made available on request. We also welcome applications from individuals who have had time away from paid employment