What's the role?
We're looking for a Senior Controller to support the Shared Service Centre in driving and developing a range of financial analyses, supporting the Finance Business Partner and Head of Controlling in shaping and executing the performance management cycle.
What does the role involve?
In this role you will:
- Be the owner and champion for the tools supporting the performance management cycle processes in close collaboration with the regional team and Group controlling teams
- Own various target setting tools and guide the process in the MO/Region
- Support local team or Shared Service Centre with the annual audit, month end close and production of financial statements as required
- Proactively monitor the external environment and collaborate with the regional team and/or FBP to identify local financial risks
- Support your Finance Business Partner in identifying opportunities & risks for value creation
- Be the champion of the P&L and bring transparency on the value creation of the various functions
- Act as a business partner to demonstrate insight to financial analysis techniques, tools and concepts to provide practical counsel to drive results
- Prepare monthly reports and submit data on financial and business results
- Establish clear, consistent reporting processes and reporting landscape for the market
- Ensure accurate and timely data and report availability
- Drive standardization, automation and process improvement
What you need is:
- Degree in Business, Finance or similar and either professional accounting qualifications or Masters qualification
- Experience in a financial, consultancy or auditing role within a multinational organisation
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to simplify a financial message to non-financial stakeholders
- Strong business planning, financial planning (forecasting/budgeting) and analytical skills
- Experience in financial planning, modelling and analysis and reporting software preferred (e.g. Excel, Access, Tagetik, SAP Analytics, SQL, Tableau)
Who should apply?
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a reward package that reflects this. Some of our benefits include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Company vehicle and fuel card for sales roles
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Different ways to work flexibly, including working from home and compressed hours
- Employee resource groups focused on gender, mental health, race, disability, LGBTQ+ and sustainability topics
- Trips to locations such as Milan, New York and global HQ for high performers across all teams
Our Regional Head Office is based at Circle Square in Central Manchester, where we are located a short walk from Oxford Rd train station and St Peter's Square tram stop. We offer a hybrid working pattern between the office and home and different ways to work flexibly so please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.