Following years of accelerated growth Culina Group is now a £2.2billion+ turnover business, employing over 22,000 staff, with a fleet of more than 5,000 vehicles. Culina Group operates from over 100+ depots across the UK and Ireland, serving more than 1,000 clients over its framework of chilled, ambient, contract packaging solutions and fresh and baked goods.Company Overview Stobart
(Part of the Culina Group) is a leading ambient transport and logistics business, providing services to many of the UKs best known brands across core consumer and retail sectors.
At Culina we have a winning culture, we believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive A place where you're valued, challenged, and inspired!Job Description
Due to continued growth, we are now seeking a Site Accountant
to join our Finance team at our clients (Morrisons) site in Wakefield
. Some travel to other Morrisons and Culina site will be required.
As Site Accountant you will act as the principal Finance lead for our Morrisons contract operating under an Open Book Commercial Agreement.
You will provide commercial and financial leadership, support as a business partner to the Site Transport Manager as well as working closely with internal partners and customers to foster collaboration, networking & best practice.
This is a full time, permanent position Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm
(with 1 hour for lunch) offering a competitive salary, package with the opportunity to work for a forward thinking market leader.Job responsibilities of Site Accountant include:
- Review of Stobart daily/weekly/monthly profit & loss statements with the provision of a business commentary including variance analysis.
- Review of Customer (Morrisons) weekly/monthly profit & loss statements with the provision of a business commentary including variance analysis.
- Undertake nominal ledger tasks including processing of journals, nominal ledger cross-charges and period end reconciliations.
- Provide detailed analysis to the operations and the customer of the key business performance drivers and internal reporting trend analysis and assist in building and developing of profit improvement plans.
- Present the Weekly and Monthly Financial & KPI Performance.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet Summary with supporting reconciliations, identifying financial risk/opportunity.
- Collaborate with the customer to support continuous improvement of the account.
- Ensure that robust commercial and financial solutions are implemented and monitored to optimise profit and minimise associated risk.
- Responsibility for the preparation of Stobart annual budget and quarterly forecasts in conjunction with the Sector Director and their senior management team.
- Responsibility for the preparation of Customer annual budget and weekly forecasts in conjunction with the Sector Director and their senior management team.
- Collaborate with internal support functions as required to ensure the financial reports are accurate and produced in a timely manner
- Continuous improvement of customer and ESL reporting processes and procedures, which support robust business decision making.
To apply for the role of Site Accountant
you will possess the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
- Part qualified (ACCA/CIMA) or fully qualified Accountant.
- Previous Accountancy experience working in a Logistics, Transport, FMCG or Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage difficult stakeholders and pressures associate.
- Ability to work with different teams across multiple sites.
- Have the confidence to work in a standalone role.
- Excellent communication skills.
As part of our drive to make Stobarts
a great place to work. We are proud to be an inclusive and diverse organisation where we are committed to employee development and recognising success for hard working performers.
Our dedicated learning and development programmes are open to every employee to give you the opportunity to shape your own future within logistics and continue to work in an environment where team culture thrives.
Our People are the driving force behind our success, which is why we offer a wide range of benefits which include:
- Annual Leave Competitive holiday entitlement
- Private Medical Cover This gives you peace of mind, you have choice, flexibility and speed of access to the most clinically appropriate care via Bupa
- Pension scheme we want colleagues to enjoy a comfortable retirements so we offer agreat contribution
- Life Assurance - x 2 your annual salary
- Wellness Via our Employee Assistance Programmewe offer immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service that operates 24 hours a days, 365 days a year
- Eye Care Vouchers We can provide you with substantial savings with free eye tests and discounts on prescription glasses
- Reward & Recognition We recognise that employees have gone the extra mile via Employee of the month and year, special recognition and long service awards.
If you meet the requirements for the above role and are looking for your next career opportunity please apply now and become a part of our #WinningTeam!