Our client is a team of 30 with a big vision to change the risk and control landscape for the better. The team is a group of entrepreneurs with an AI/LLMs powered risk and controls data benchmarking solution aimed at the major banks. With funding from JPM, Lloyds and Barclays, the firm has a bright future and is looking for people motivated to join the journey. They hired 3 people in December 2023 alone and already work with the Boards of 7 of the top 10 major banks!
We are looking for consultants who can use their risk and controls (ideally Operational risk) knowledge, though also apply it strategically in this role. This would suit a consultant profile or someone in a bank who has performed a strategic role. We are looking for 2-3 people...
The product looks at controls data from mainly first line though also operations and risk teams. The focus is bulge bracket capital markets business e.g. a JPM or Citi, involving their investment bank. The aggregate solution allows firms to benchmark their performance and take them on an improvement journey for their risk and controls business; how do they stack up vs. peers, what might they need to do next? How might they explain these results to the different stakeholders across the bank? This solution is timely and something every bank needs.
We're looking for different profiles, some might be more technical whilst others more client-focused... some types of responsibilities could be:
1. Run analyses through different banks
2. Strategically analyse the results and present ideas to clients - this will be at a very senior level
3. Work to improve the product the client has built... using feedback from across the business (relationship management, product teams, clients, management)
4. Research ways to use data more effectively
5. Be a voice in the industry, writing white papers and thought leadership material
6. Be a client relationship manager; rather than being both analytical and client facing, an RM might be someone who is driving the networking opportunities, learning what is and isn't working for clients, improving take-up rates, getting renewals secured
7. Be proactive; this is a start up environment where you'll be given significant responsibility- the role you'll be doing on Day 1 will be very different to the role on Day 300... roles will develop as the company grows; opportunities to lead people, lead client relationships, get involved in business development, product development, you name it...
The client operates a policy of being in the office Monday and Tuesday in the City of London and working from home/work as you like Wed/Thurs/Friday.