Nomad Foods was formed in 2015 and with revenues of €2.6bn is the largest frozen food company in Europe. Nomad owns a portfolio of leading brands including Birds Eye, Findus and iglo, supplemented in 2018 with the purchase of Goodfellas Pizza and Aunt Bessie’s, and in 2021 with the purchase of Ledo and Frikom.
We manufacture and distribute a range of branded frozen food products across 22 European countries with the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Sweden and France representing our five largest markets.
The long-term goal of Nomad is to develop a global portfolio of best-in-class food brands by growing organically and through strategic M&A.
We are proposing that our new Shared Finance Centre will house both our Financial Accounting teams and our Financial Planning and Analysis Centre of Expertise.
Our vision is to build trusted, equal partnerships through the delivery of timely and valuable services that will ensure growth and business success for Nomad Foods. The team will deliver a step change in performance through a relentless focus on excellence in execution and continuous improvement, enabling us to simplify and standardise our processes and procedures, which in turn, enables quality decision-making, delights our customers and supports Nomad Food’s business objectives.
The Shared Finance Centre will be an outstanding place to work for finance professionals, with new and exciting opportunities to develop careers and by being recognised alongside the very best by our people.
The role will play a key role in providing guidance and experience within the R2R team and the wider SSC and will be important in embedding the new ERP system and best in class finance and accounting processes. The role is responsible for the end-to-end accounting and controls for market legal entities and will ensure critical reporting and control performance is completed correctly and to deadlines
The candidate will work closely with the Senior Financial Accountant and other senior stakeholders across the business.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of indirect reporting, including; VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales List. The responsibility extends to the processes that record the relevant data in the general ledger
- Lead in preparation of local statutory accounts for markets working with Outsource Service Providers where required
- Close the month end reporting cycle accurately and on time
- Responsible for the end-to-end record to report cycle for the market(s)
- Ensure companies meet all compliance requirements
- Supporting the Group Finance in the Annual/Monthly accounting cycle
- Performance of monthly ledger reconciliations and controls. Deliver a true and correct general ledger position by monthly and annual deadlines to ensure the Groups stakeholder reporting requirements are met. This includes responsibility for the related financial processes and controls that ensure this
- Advanced technical knowledge of IFRS and experience of practical application Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the legal entity Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls for the SSC and ensuring they are completed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Management of internal/external auditor information requests and wider relationship
- Supervise, lead, motivate and develop assistant controllers ensuring delivery of their activities in an accurate and timely manners
- Provision of financial information to support corporation tax return
- Lead on projects to provide analysis and improve the quality and timeliness of group reporting
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and demonstrate leadership within the finance
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations
- Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Experience in managing a team of accountants and managing 3rd party accounting providers
- Track record of driving continuous improvement of entity accounting, close and reporting related systems and processes
- Ability to have a hands-on approach but also have experience to delegate as required and supervise the work of others
- Computer skills including the ability to operate
- computerized accounting, spreadsheet (Excel), and email (Outlook) at an advanced level
- Ability to work in a changing environment, proactively responding to changing requirements
- Ability to work with the team and independently, self- starter with ability to bring other, non-financial, teams along a journey
- Excellent risk assessment and prioritisation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to communicate effectively across the organisation
- Pro-active self-starter with an enthusiastic approach for delivering results
- Challenges the status quo, drives and accepts change readily
- Strong team player and ability to manage effectively
- SOX knowledge (knowledge from a business with strong focus on controls)
- SAP Finance Module
- >3 years’ experience in a multi-currency multi-site company
- Audit and/or month end close experience