Nomad Foods was formed in 2015 and with revenues of €2.6bn is the largest frozen food company in Europe. Nomad owns a portfolio of leading brands including Birds Eye, Findus and iglo, supplemented in 2018 with the purchase of Goodfellas Pizza and Aunt Bessie’s, and in 2021 with the purchase of Ledo and Frikom.
We manufacture and distribute a range of branded frozen food products across 22 European countries with the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Sweden and France representing our five largest markets.
The long-term goal of Nomad is to develop a global portfolio of best-in-class food brands by growing organically and through strategic M&A.
We are proposing that our new Shared Finance Centre will house both our Financial Accounting teams and our Financial Planning and Analysis Centre of Expertise.
Our vision is to build trusted, equal partnerships through the delivery of timely and valuable services that will ensure growth and business success for Nomad Foods. The team will deliver a step change in performance through a relentless focus on excellence in execution and continuous improvement, enabling us to simplify and standardise our processes and procedures, which in turn, enables quality decision-making, delights our customers and supports Nomad Food’s business objectives.
The Shared Finance Centre (SFC) will be an outstanding place to work for finance professionals, with new and exciting opportunities to develop careers and by being recognised alongside the very best by our people.
Our Senior FP&A Managers manages key elements of financial planning, closing and reporting processes and ensures delivery of total company plan by tracking and following up on risks and opportunities. Liaise with business unit teams to ensure compliance with planning & Reporting & Analytics requirements.
In addition to the role there may be ad-hoc input into process simplification and standardisation, ensuring that Nomad Foods continually drives for best practice and develop a culture for innovation.
By maintaining strong relationships across the organisation, the Senior FP&A Manager will utilise analytics to go beyond the numbers, using a variety of data sets to drive insights.
- Enabling the Finance Regional Directors and leadership with required reporting and analytics KPIs around actuals tracking, planning, budgeting, forecasting, and assisting in driving decisions for achieving targeted financial results
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of forecasts, budgets and actuals reporting and presenting recommendations to leadership teams and Group FP&A
- Identifying business trends, issues and opportunities for performance improvement and communicating to Country FD and wider leadership team
- Prepare and disseminate timely and accurate financial information required for leadership and Group FP&A business needs
- Build analysis reports across product costing, production variation, COGS statement and provide insights
- Forecasts accurate and timely cash flow projections, sales projections, budget projections, and expense projections to ensure that business needs are met
- Analysis of performance against plans, forecasts, and past performance, identifying key trends, outliers, and key variances
- Perform complex financial analysis including budgeting, trend analysis, forecasting, and financial modelling
- Developing and implementing capitalisation methods, and review of journal entries
- Monitor expenditure for service or performance contracts and recommend appropriate course of action when issues are identified
- Responsible for management of annual planning process within the, liaising with FBP, commercial and leaderships teams coordinating timely and accurate annual plans
- Complete forecasting and budget analysis to interpreting, summarising and uploading forecast information into financial systems providing profit and loss information
- Provides budget assistance for projects or large programs, understanding their circumstances and recommending appropriate course of action
- Develop financial controls, procedures, systems, and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements
- Review the current FP&A processes to identify automation and improvement opportunities
- Drive and implement the identified opportunities to provide fast, actionable, and accurate insights to key stakeholders
- Develop relationship with Group FP&A and finance business partners (FBP) in markets to understand the ask/information required and work with team members in FP&A Centre of Excellence (CoE) to meet such requirements
- Support FBP team to provide the appropriate analytics and insights
- Guides direct reports and provides ongoing career development support
- Ensure all activities comply with a SOX controlled environment
- University degree
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, or equivalent)
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience in an FP&A team of scale
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, in particular: (i) relationship-building, (ii) ability to influence, and (iii) judgment
- Experience with planning systems and reporting technology
- Experience with business intelligence tools and developing data visualisations
- Excellent communication and written skills with the ability to engage people at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to constructively challenges assumptions and thinking
- Impactful report writing and presentation skills
- Strong finance capabilities across many functions, including commercial finance, FP&A and accounting and controls
- FMCG experience
- Very strong analytical and forecasting abilities
- Strong modelling and solid database skills required