is an agricultural biotechnology pioneer. We are a global FTSE 250 company, headquartered in the UK, and listed on the London Stock Exchange. Genus PLC has a presence in over 70 countries and a global workforce of over 3,000 employees and growing. We are a worldwide leader in porcine and bovine animal genetics, partnering with farmers to transform how we nourish the world - a mission that is important to a sustainable future.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
Genus PLC has an exciting opportunity. We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to prepare, record, verify and pay vendor invoices for goods and services and respond to vendor queries. The position is located in our Stapeley office in Stapeley, Nantwich. The Accounts Payable Specialist has primary accountability for maintaining, analyzing, and reconciling A/P ledger accounts, financial statements, and reports, developing, directing, planning and evaluating accounts payable policies and procedures while ensuring external and internal controls and policies are adhered to.
- Invoice capture: batch invoices and process them Dynamics 365 system and match invoices to the relevant purchase orders.
- Scan invoices and send them to the relevant person within the business to obtain coding and approval. Escalating any invoices that have been returned within 5 working days.
- Exception handling: liaise with suppliers and employees within the business to resolve queries. This includes invoice, statement, expense and payment queries.
- Providing help and support across our EMEA business
- Reconcile Supplier Statements
- Provide monthly Aged Creditors analysis
- Complete month end task
- Adhere to GDPR requirements
- Open post and manage the AP Team emails.
- Supervise in the absence to the AP Manager
- Uphold the Genus core values, mission and vision.
- Performs other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Have previous experience of working within a fast-paced accounts payable department for EMEA
- Be willing to learn and adapt skills and knowledge appropriate to role
- Pay high attention to detail when carrying out tasks
- Possess excellent communication, organization and prioritization skills
- IT skills would be advantageous (with previous experience of Microsoft packages and Dynamics)
Genus is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Genus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Genus conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.