What we’re all about
Do you ever have the urge to do things better than the last time? We do. And it’s this urge that drives us every day. Our environment of discovery and innovation means we’re able to create deep and valuable relationships with our clients to create real change for them and their industries. It’s what got us here - and it’s what will make our future. At Quantexa, you’ll experience autonomy and support in equal measures allowing you to form a career that matches your ambitions. 41% of our colleagues come from an ethnic or religious minority background. We speak over 20 languages across our 47 nationalities, creating a sense of belonging for all. We're heading in one direction, the future. We’d love you to join us. The opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accounts Payable Manager to join our finance team. As an Accounts Payable Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the efficient and accurate processing of all accounts payable transactions. This role requires strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to lead and motivate a team. What you’ll be doing
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the accounts payable department.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of accounts payable professionals, providing guidance and support to ensure departmental goals are met.
- Review and reconcile accounts payable transactions, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate and execute weekly and ad hoc scheduled payment runs, ensuring all payments are made accurately and on time.
- Monitor vendor accounts and manage communication to resolve inquiries and discrepancies promptly.
- Prepare regular reports and analysis related to accounts payable activities for management review and develop & monitor KPI team metrics.
- Reconcile company credit cards and reimbursement of expenses.
- Document business processes, continuously improve the efficiency of the Accounts Payable operations and strengthen controls with respect to the transaction cycles.
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance productivity and streamline workflow.
- Support the team to run and investigate any discrepancies on the creditors listing and responding to ad hoc queries across the business when required.
- Drive process improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness within the accounts payable function.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors, resolving any issues or discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, including procurement, finance, and other departments, to address issues and ensure smooth collaboration.
- Continued communication to the wider team for upcoming renewals and contract fulfilment.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and relevant regulations in all accounts payable and expense processes.
- Generate and analyse reports to provide insights into payment trends, aging, and other key metrics.
- Facilitate internal and external audits related to accounts payable processes, providing necessary documentation and support.
RequirementsWhat you’ll bring
- Implement and maintain strong internal controls to safeguard company assets.
Nice to Have
- Ideally AAT qualified or equivalent.
- 4 or more years of experience in a managerial role leading AR and AP teams.
- Experience working European and complex payments e.g. CIS.
- Deep understanding of VAT and Sales tax reporting and compliance.
- Experience dealing with high volumes of data.
- Good working knowledge of Excel (including v-lookups & pivot tables).
- Strong understanding of basic accounting concepts, systems, and processes.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- NetSuite Experience.
- Tipalti Experience.
- Familiarity with Expensify/Navan or similar expense platforms.
If you are a results-oriented professional with a passion for optimizing accounts payable processes and leading a dedicated team, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our dynamic organization and contribute to our ongoing success! BenefitsOur perks and quirks
What makes you Q will help you to realise your full potential, flourish and enjoy what you do, while being recognised and rewarded with our broad range of benefits.We offer
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid workplace & free access to global WeWork locations & events
- Pension Scheme with a company contribution of 6% (if you contribute 3%)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy up to 5 days) + birthday off!
- Work from Anywhere Scheme: Spend up to 2 months working outside of your country of employment over a rolling 12-month period
- Family: Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, or Shared Parental Leave
- Health & Wellbeing: Private Healthcare, EAP, Well-being Days, Calm App, Gym Discounts
- Team's Social Budget & Company-wide Summer & Winter Parties
- Tech & Cycle-to-Work Schemes
- Volunteer Day off
- Dog-friendly Offices
We have one mission. To help businesses grow. To make data easier. And to make the world a better place. We’re not a start-up. Not anymore. But we’ve not been around that long either. What we are is a collection of bright, passionate minds harnessing complexities and helping our clients and their communities. One culture, made of many. Heading in one direction - the future.It's all about you
Quantexa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment, where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, colour, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital, disability, or veteran status. Whoever you are, if you’re a curious, caring, and authentic human being who wants to help push the boundaries of what’s possible, we want to hear from you.
Internal pay equity across departments is crucial to our global compensation philosophy. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of experience, education, training, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Quantexa is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our talent acquisition processes. If you require support, please inform our Talent Acquisition Team. Start. don’t stop - Apply