Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to become a key member of the EMEA Retail Accounting team, located in our London office. The role has responsibility for aspects of the controllership and accounting function in support of the EMEA operations.
The accounting flows are operated in multiple legal entities with involvement of a number of stakeholders in different locations. In addition to the accounting and reporting responsibilities, the individual will drive cross-border projects and develop best practice in processes and controllership on an international level, with an emphasis on utilizing new technology and developing subject matter expertise in this area. They will also drive implementation of policies with the financial leadership team based out of worldwide Amazon locations.Key job responsibilities
As a representative of the UK based EMEA Accounting team, this position has a mix of operational and project based accounting responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders.
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and annual financial statements.
- Leading certain month end close activities, ensuring that relevant deadlines are met.
- Direct responsibility for assessing and improving accounting processes and controls for a business with a high volume of transactions.
- Actively participating in cross functional project launches from scoping through to testing and launch. Responsibility for actively engaging with a variety of stakeholders within the business, including technology and administrative team on business integration projects.
- Successfully collaborate with and influence international business partners in cross-functional teams
- Champion key accounting initiatives and goals.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
London, GBRBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting, preferably gained within a Big Four firm and / or a multinational organization
- Certified accountant qualification (CPA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Proficient Microsoft Excel user
- Knowledge of IFRS or other accounting frameworks;
- Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing schedules
- Excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to leadership
- Passion to continuously enhance processes and reduce manual efforts through automation or optimization initiatives.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.