is an inclusive business with a key focus on sustainability and environmental matters. We believe people are the centre of our successful business and we have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk
to join our team in Enfield
, on a full-time, permanent basis.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary
, as well as fantastic benefits. What can you expect in return?
TG Lynes is one of the UK's leading suppliers of heating, plumbing and air movement materials. The company has built up an exceptional reputation for quality, integrity, serving the community and commitment to sustainability for more than 100 years of serving the trade.
As we believe in looking after all aspects of your health and wellbeing we offer a great Pension scheme where you can save up to 20% of your salary, Discounts or cash back at most major retailers, 23 days holidays and Simply Health which gives you free Dental, Glasses, etc up to set limits. We also offer a quarterly bonus and a Counsellor on site on a regular basis. Key responsibilities of our Accounts Payable Clerk will include but are not limited to:
What we are looking for in our Accounts Payable Clerk:
- Receipt and recording of invoices
- Matching against stock receipts
- Researching any discrepancies whether driven internally or externally
- Reconciling to supplier statements
- Developing and using supplier contacts to progress queries and confirm payments
- Processing supplier credits, understanding source and necessary coding if not directly related to stock movements
- Understanding which GRNI's remain unmatched at month end - research reasons for differences
- Ensuring the creditors listing matches the balance sheet at month end - research reasons for differences
- Multiple payment runs within the month
- Assisting with other functions in the Company as and when required
Knowledge, Expertise & Qualifications we are looking for: Essential
- The ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to be proactive and act on own initiative
- Good communication and effective feedback skills
- Ability to constructively challenge methods and suggest potential improvements
- IT literate with strong spreadsheet knowledge
- Ideally experience of Kerridge system but not essential
- Experience in role
- You will be a competent user of Excel and other MS Office programmes, have numerical and written competence
- Experience in Plumbing or Heating industries would be useful
today to be considered or to find out more about the Accounts Payable Clerk
role - we would love to hear from you!