Senior Client Accountant
£38,000.00 - £40,000.00 Per Annum (+ Study Support)Job Type:
Permanent, full timeThe Company:
Our staff are the key to our success. And that is why we seek talented and ambitious property professionals to join our growing team. In return we provide our staff with a rewarding career, an excellent remuneration package, support in gaining industry qualifications and working environment that is second to none.The Role:
Principia Estate & Asset Management is a well-established independent Block Management Property company in Chelsea looking for an experienced Senior client accountant to join their ambitious team.
Working from our very friendly Chelsea office, as part of the property management accounts department, you will maintain and manage the accounts of a selection of clients from our broad and diverse portfolio. The role comes with flexible hours and working from home two days a week, on successful completion of the initial probation period. Study support is included as part of the remuneration package.Key Duties and
- Support the Group Accountant with the management of the client accountant team
- Preparation of annual service charge audit packs for designated portfolio
- Investigate and resolve internal queries for preparation of audit packs
- Liaise with external auditors and agree draft accounts for review
- Post year end journals and reconcile final accounts to Qube PM software
- Raise year end balancing adjustments and issue to leaseholders
- Issue section 20B notices when required
- Prepare year end variance analysis to assist property management team with correspondence to lessees
- Preparation of statutory accounts for external accountant review
- Timely preparation of monthly / quarterly management accounts, including cashflow, for priority clients.
- Regular liaison with property managers to review budgets and assist with project analysis as needed
- Liaise with clients on financial matters as requested, delivering a high level of service
- Raise periodic service charge demands in line with new budgets as well as interim/additional demands when required
- Analytical review of Income, Expenditure and Cashflow
- Assist property managers with queries on financial matters
- Attend client meetings / AGM's with to assist on financial matters, where requested
- Perform reconciliation for major / minor works as required
- Assist external accountants with corporation tax and trust tax returns
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks as requested by Group Accountant
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks as requested by Group Financial Controller
Benefits (following completion of probation period):
- Applicants must have at least 4 years' worth of experience in an accounting role within an established residential/commercial property or lettings management company
- It would be preferable if candidates held relevant accounting qualifications, however, qualified by experience will be considered.
- A knowledge & strong understanding of service charge accounts and year-end procedures would be advantageous
- The applicant will be attentive and driven to maintain the level of detail already delivered by the company, as well as having strong communication skills and computer competencies
- Strong knowledge of Qube PM software is required.
- Some working from home.
- Flexible Working Hours.
If you're interested in the role and would like to put yourself forward please hit APPLY
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Management Accountant, Finance Officer, Accounts Manager, Finance Manager, Credit Controller, Part Qualified Accountant, Senior Finance Assistant, Account Manager, Client Manager may also be considered for this role.