Spire Harpenden Hospital have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our team on a full time and permanent basis. In this pivotal role you will work as part of a team to support accountancy processes for the business. At Spire Healthcare, caring is our passion and our vision is to be recognised as a world class healthcare business. We’re committed to looking after people, both patients and colleagues.Role Overview
To assist in the financial running of the hospital to ensure that it achieves all financial goals in accordance with the financial policies and procedures of the organisation. To assist in the informing and supporting of the financial, operational and decision making of staff and teams in the hospital.Duties and responsibilities
Who were looking forQualifications, Training and Experience
- Responsible for ensuring that the accounting processes throughout the hospital are effective in order to ensure the accuracy of the data recorded in the financial records as defined by Spire Healthcare’s financial policies
- Supporting the financial accounting month end close process, within group deadlines, with supervisory reviews and sign off from FD
- Production and communication of relevant financial reports for the hospital and for Heads of Departments
- Responsibility for the local Balance Sheet, including submission of monthly balance sheet reconciliations. And, where necessary taking the lead to address issues (such as debt) that may be identified through this process.
- Monthly analysis of overall hospital costs to ensure hospital trajectory remains aligned to Budget and identification of areas and processes for improvement
- Involvement in the Annual Budgets, Quarterly and Weekly Forecasts, assisting the FD in building financial models and assimilating departmental information to feed into a robust submission to Central Finance
- AAT Qualified/ Part Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- A minimum of three years accounting experience is preferable including month end and forecasting duties
- Good communication skills - written, verbal and strong interpersonal as well as good organisational skills
- Able to understand key business processes and complex business issues
- Displays high standards of personal integrity and initiative as well as a high attention to detail
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Potential hybrid working 1 day per week
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees’ well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications