At Mazars, we're agile enough to embrace change and deliver impact. So nothing is set in stone, and our people can truly influence the direction of the firm. We're constantly brainstorming ideas to improve the way we work, and enhance the solutions we offer. So you'll have a big say in the way your role and your team works.
As an Assistant Manager OR Manager within the Financial Services Risk Consulting Team, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of internal audit, and other risk-based services, for a range of investment management
Are you looking to make an impact in Risk Consulting Investment Management
? Are you looking to grow our business as if it was your own? And are you looking for open, engaged and collaborative teams? Then apply to the role today!About the team
The Financial Services Risk Consulting Team at Mazars sits within firms broader Advisory and Consulting Service line.
If you are successful in securing a role within our Advisory & Consulting Service Line you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services with consultative expertise in Risk & Management Consulting, Internal Audit, Actuarial and all aspects of the Tech & Digital space. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team.
The team provides outsourced and co-sourced internal audit services, and also provides (or supports other teams with the delivery of) a range of risk-based engagements including ISAE & SOX audits, board effectiveness reviews and external quality assessments, to name but a few.
Having experienced significant growth, the team is looking for a motivated individual, who will have excellent opportunities for progression.About the role
What are we looking for?
- Performance and management of internal audit fieldwork and other specialist assignments such as effectiveness reviews.
- Preparation and review of draft internal audit reports and other deliverables.
- Leading opening and closing meetings with key client contacts.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with clients.
- Providing on-the-job training and supervision of junior team members.
- Managing assignments from planning through to preparation of draft reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Identify opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Ensure standards and procedures are maintained across the team.
- Assess and produce high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes.
- Holds either ACA, CA, ACCA, IIA or CII (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of planning and delivering internal or external audit fieldwork.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of technical issues within UK Financial Services.
- Good interpersonal and client handling skills.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
Mazars is a leading international professional services firm delivering exceptional quality in audit, accounting, tax, financial advisory, outsourcing and consulting.
We are one diverse, multicultural, multi-generational team with a huge sense of connection and belonging. This is a place where you can take ownership of your career, get involved, believe in yourself and put your ideas into action.
At Mazars, we celebrate individuality and thrive on teamwork. We give people the freedom to make a personal contribution to our shared purpose. We support one another to deliver quality, create change and make an impact so that everyone can reach their full potential. Central London based office location with a hybrid working model!
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self. To read more about our approach click here.
Our aim is to make the recruitment process as accessible and inclusive as possible - please contact us to discuss any changes you may require so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.