Blackburn, BB1 2FA Office BasedContract:
Full-Time Hours / Permanent
£45,000 - £55,000 Dependent on experience & Bonus SchemeCompany:
EG GroupAbout the role
Our Group finance team is expanding, and we have an exciting new opportunity for an FP&A Analyst to join our ever-growing finance function at EG Group! The FP&A Analyst will be responsible for analysing business data to help gain a deeper understanding of business performance holistically across all regions globally. Reporting into the Group FP&A Reporting Manager, this role will help bring insight and a standardised approach to both internally and externally benchmarked performance, in turn driving better informed financial planning and strategy.
Working closely with the Head of Commercial and Strategic analysis, this role is suited to someone who is comfortable in challenging stakeholders and has a technical eye for detail when analysing reports and financial metrics. If you are looking to further your experience in FP&A, while gaining the exposure from senior leadership and stakeholders, why not join a multi-billion-dollar company that can provide you with the progression and exposure you are looking for!Duties and Responsibilities
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to time.Candidate Requirements
- Prepare Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Executive & Board Reports in line with reporting cycles including support and challenge of results
- Work closely with country finance teams to ensure alignment between group reporting and local financial reporting
- Deliver timely analysis of market and competitor comparatives
- Provide insightful analysis and commentary on key financial metrics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather relevant data and insights
- Maintain and update the group's Databook, a comprehensive repository of financial information and key performance indicators
- Ensure easy accessibility and data integrity within the Databook
- Attend weekly Country calls to gather insight and knowledge on regional performance
- Focus on a standardised approach to analysis of business streams / cost areas to ensure deeper understanding of trading
- Participate in continual improvement initiatives aimed at streamlining reporting processes, enhancing data quality, and increasing efficiency
- Continually review published FP&A best practice to support the evolution of EG FP&A
- Ad-hoc analysis as requested by the key stakeholders including Executive and board requests
Benefits & Rewards
- Newly / Part Qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) or QBE with several years industry experience
- Background in Management Accounting
- Experience maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Financial Analysis & Reporting knowledge
- Experience in Process mapping & improvement
- Conscientious and calm under pressure
- Integrity and disciplined to meet deadlines
- Finance Systems Expertise
- Adaptability to changing circumstances
Who are EG Group?
- Performance Based Bonus Scheme
- Employee Life Assurance
- EG Group Discounts - up to 15% off at our stores and food to go restaurants
- ASDA Discount Card 10% off all ASDA stores
- EG Cares Benefits - exclusive discounts across 900 retailers
- Smart Health 24/7 online GP access, health checks and health and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme access to our Wellbeing Centre which offers emotional & practical support including free financial advice
- Learning & Development access to our Learning Hub, the most extensive online course library in the world to support you with every step of your career at EG Group
- Waterside Café - freshly prepared meals at affordable prices
- Free Secure Car Parking
- Dress Down Fridays
- Prayer and Ablution Facilities
- Shower Facilities
- Sit / Stand Desk Facilities
- Work Anniversary Rewards
- Free Eye Test
EG Group is one of the worlds leading independent convenience retailers with an extensive network of sites across international markets in the United Kingdom & Ireland, Continental Europe, Australia, and the United States of America.
Founded in 2001 by the Issa family with the acquisition of a single site in the UK, today the company is at the forefront of delivering an innovative approach to forecourt convenience retail.
At EG Group, we pride ourselves on being recognised for our investment model, trading performance and more importantly, providing a best-in-class customer experience in Grocery & Merchandise, Foodservice and Fuel.
Our transformational convenience retail business model has been built upon excellent relationships with an extensive portfolio of leading retail brands, and through strategic network acquisitions supported by a program of new-to-industry developments.
Every day, our committed workforce tirelessly delivers our products and services to millions of customers alongside supporting the local communities in which we operate.
Please note - the successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check which will be funded by EG Group.