Group Financial Planning Manager
Blackburn, BB1 2FA Office BasedContract:
Full-Time Hours / Permanent
£55,000 - £65,000 Dependent on experience &Bonus SchemeCompany:
EG GroupAbout the Role
Our Group Finance Team is expanding, and we have a new opportunity available for an experienced Financial Planning Manager! In this role, you will be responsible for managing business planning processes including annual budget, weekly rolling forecasting and long-term planning.
Reporting to the Head of Group FP&A, this role is suited to an experienced FP&A professional that understands performance beyond the P&L and can bring experience to help further develop this area of the business.Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage team members, including performance management and development
- Lead business planning processes focussing on key drivers and macro assumptions
- Manage the weekly rolling forecast process, ensuring it reflects the most up-to-date financial information.
- Work closely with business units to capture and incorporate changes in market conditions, sales forecasts, and operational developments, reporting regularly to senior management
- Drive the annual budgeting process by coordinating with department heads and senior management to gather input and align budgeting goals with the company's strategic objectives
- Prepare, consolidate, and review the budget, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and adherence to financial guidelines. Create, and maintain financial models, long term forecasts and scenario planning to support strategic decision making including providing the model to 3rd parties such as banks and investors in relation to M&A activity and refinancing
- Improve forecasting processes, including with Treasury & Fixed Asset Teams on Cash Flow and working capital and Capex Planning that are accurate and efficient to produce and track against forecast accuracy to be measured through KPIs
- Act as a key contributor to the continual improvement of the SAP planning tool, making recommendations for enhancements and streamlining processes
- Train and educate relevant staff members on the effective use of the SAP planning tool
- Support Audit cycle including preparation of Going concern model and draft papers
- Continually review published FP&A best practice to support the evolution of EG FP&A
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to timeCandidate Requirements
- Qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Several years of experience in financial planning and analysis, preferably in a managerial capacity
- Strong proficiency in financial modelling and forecasting techniques
- Experience with SAP planning tools or similar enterprise planning software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
Benefits & Rewards
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Who are EG Group?
- Performance Based Bonus Scheme
- Employee Life Assurance
- EG Group Discounts - up to 15% off at our stores and food to go restaurants
- ASDA Discount Card 10% off all ASDA stores
- EG Cares Benefits - exclusive discounts across 900 retailers
- Smart Health 24/7 online GP access, health checks and health and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme access to our Wellbeing Centre which offers emotional & practical support including free financial advice
- Learning & Development access to our Learning Hub, the most extensive online course library in the world to support you with every step of your career at EG Group
- Waterside Café - freshly prepared meals at affordable prices
- Free Secure Car Parking
- Dress Down Fridays
- Prayer and Ablution Facilities
- Cycle to Work / Shower Facilities
- Sit / Stand Desk Facilities
- Work Anniversary Rewards
- Free Eye Test
EG Group is one of the worlds leading independent convenience retailers with an extensive network of sites across international markets in the United Kingdom & Ireland, Continental Europe, Australia and the United States of America.
Founded in 2001 by the Issa family with the acquisition of a single site in the UK, today the company is at the forefront of delivering an innovative approach to forecourt convenience retail.
At EG Group, we pride ourselves on being recognised for our investment model, trading performance and more importantly, providing a best-in-class customer experience in Grocery & Merchandise, Foodservice and Fuel.
Our transformational convenience retail business model has been built upon excellent relationships with an extensive portfolio of leading retail brands, and through strategic network acquisitions supported by a program of new-to-industry developments.
Every day, our committed workforce tirelessly delivers our products and services to millions of customers alongside supporting the local communities in which we operate.
Please note - the successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check which will be funded by EG Group.