:Blackburn, BB1 2FA Office BasedContract
:Full-Time Hours / PermanentSalary
: £20,000 - £25,000 Dependent on experience & Bonus SchemeCompany:
EG GroupAbout the Role
To work within the banking department and support the team in the execution of their duties on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. This role provides support to the Finance team by maintaining the banking ledger accounts, processing daily collections and signing off on the monthly bank reconciliations. This is a fast paced and forward-thinking position and the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a long-term finance career within a successful, expanding corporate enterprise. The successful candidate will be mentored and developed in their role and will need to use their initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines.Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconciliation of Bank Statements with companies ERP system (SAP)
- Supporting the banking functions daily activities
- Timely completion of bank reconciliations
- Direct Debit monitoring
- Bank balance reconciliations
- Uploads of Bank Statements
- Monitoring and clearing transactions from the Bank GL
- Checking, coding, and inputting of all bank transactions
- Cooperation with other departments on payments / receipts
- Liaising with the broader finance team and Team Leaders to provide regular updates on daily/weekly and monthly activities
- Working within the agreed Banking service level
This list is not exhaustive and may be added or amended to from time to time.Candidate Requirements
Benefits & Rewards
- Experience on SAP (preferable)
- Excel proficient
- Obtained or working towards finance / accounting qualifications and / or experience within a financial setting (preferable)
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work with others as part of a team
- Results driven with proven record of delivery against KPIs and SLAs
- Well organised with the ability to manage own time and workload
- Able to work with large data sets, analysing transactions and understanding the processes and information presented
- Experience of working in a fast paced / transactional environment (preferable)
Who are EG Group?
- EG Group Discounts - up to 15% off at our stores and food to go restaurants
- ASDA Discount Card 10% off all ASDA stores
- EG Cares Benefits - exclusive discounts across 900 retailers
- Smart Health 24/7 online GP access, health checks and health and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme access to our Wellbeing Centre which offers emotional & practical support including free financial advice
- Learning & Development access to our Learning Hub, the most extensive online course library in the world to support you with every step of your career at EG Group
- Waterside Café - freshly prepared meals at affordable prices
- Free Secure Car Parking
- Dress Down Fridays
- Prayer and Ablution Facilities
- Cycle to Work / Shower Facilities
- Work Anniversary Rewards
- Free Eye Test
- Select & Drive: Car Leasing Scheme
EG Group is one of the worlds leading independent convenience retailers with an extensive network of sites across international markets in the United Kingdom & Ireland, Continental Europe, Australia and the United States of America.
Founded in 2001 by the Issa family with the acquisition of a single site in the UK, today the company is at the forefront of delivering an innovative approach to forecourt convenience retail.
At EG Group, we pride ourselves on being recognised for our investment model, trading performance and more importantly, providing a best-in-class customer experience in Grocery & Merchandise, Foodservice and Fuel.
Our transformational convenience retail business model has been built upon excellent relationships with an extensive portfolio of leading retail brands, and through strategic network acquisitions supported by a program of new-to-industry developments.
Every day, our committed workforce tirelessly delivers our products and services to millions of customers alongside supporting the local communities in which we operate.
Please note - the successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check which will be funded by EG Group.