A dynamic and innovative firm in the energy trading sector, committed to delivering excellence in its operations, are currently seeking a skilled and motivated an Operational Risk Analyst to join the team and contribute to the effective management of operational risk within the organization. Responsibilities:
Key Risk Indicator (KRI) Reporting:
- Collaborate with the Head of Operational Risk to develop and maintain Key Risk Indicators for various business units.
- Regularly monitor and report on KRIs, identifying trends and potential areas of concern.
- Provide insightful analysis on risk metrics and contribute to the enhancement of risk reporting processes.
Business-As-Usual (BAU) Activities:
- Support the day-to-day operational risk management activities, ensuring compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct risk assessments and assist in the identification of control gaps, proposing recommendations for improvement.
Change Project Involvement:
- Actively participate in change projects, assessing operational risk implications and providing expert opinions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that risk considerations are adequately addressed in project planning and execution.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of risk mitigation strategies in the context of change initiatives.
Operational Risk Opinion:
- Provide informed opinions on operational risk matters, offering valuable insights to decision-makers.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of operational risk policies and procedures.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with various departments to foster a risk-aware culture within the organization.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, presenting risk findings and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or a related field. Advanced degree or relevant professional certifications (e.g., FRM, PRM) is a plus.
- Proven experience in operational risk management within the energy trading industry. Familiarity with Key Risk Indicators and risk reporting methodologies.
- Knowledge of energy markets is beneficial but not essential.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data and trends.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.