- Day-to-day responsibility for the maintenance of accurate ledgers of the management company books and records in cloud-based accounting software.
- Coordination of the accounts payable and receivable processes, being the first point of contact.
- Responsible for running and leading the weekly payment process and the weekly bank/cash reconciliation, and for preparing the rolling cash forecasts.
- Prepare and issue advisory fees and cost recharge invoices.
- Prepare the monthly recharges to the funds and articulate with the fund administrators for settlement.
- Maintain and administer monthly credit card and staff cash expense claim processing and reclaims processes.
- Prepare monthly expense analytics in a management reporting view, fully understanding cost drivers and reasons for variances.
- Manage the external payroll provider to ensure salaries are paid correctly and on time.
- Prepare workings and submit monthly VAT returns (supported by the accounting package).
- Help support the Senior Financial Controller in the preparation of the Group management accounts.
- Support the Finance team in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Identify opportunities and lead ad-hoc projects to improve efficiencies, systems, and processes and/or improve productivity and/or save costs.
- General ad hoc requests from the CFO or Partners.
- Finalist or part-qualified studying towards qualification.
- Good command of Excel.
- Prior experience with multicurrency is preferred.
- Prior experience operating in a group setting with exposure to intercompany accounting implications is preferred.
- Highly numerate and detail-orientated.
- Team player.
- Very organised with the ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proactive attitude with the ability to work with different levels of management and across different functions and teams.
To apply for this Corporate Accountant role, please use the Apply button.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.