The TP ICAP Group is a world leading provider of market infrastructure.
Our purpose is to provide clients with access to global financial and commodities markets, improving price discovery, liquidity, and distribution of data, through responsible and innovative solutions.
Through our people and technology, we connect clients to superior liquidity and data solutions.
The Group is home to a stable of premium brands. Collectively, TP ICAP is the largest interdealer broker in the world by revenue, the number one Energy & Commodities broker in the world, the world's leading provider of OTC data, and an award winning all-to-all trading platform.
The Group operates from more than 60 offices in 27 countries. We are 5,300 people strong. We work as one to achieve our vision of being the world's most trusted, innovative, liquidity and data solutions specialist. Role Overview:
This role is to support the activities of the Tax team. The role will suit a candidate either (i) seeking to make a first move in-house or (ii) looking to develop through exposure to the tax matters impacting a UK headquartered business in the financial services sector. The role offers a good grounding in core aspects of the Tax team's work, whilst allowing the opportunity for growth and involvement in the wider range of tax matters impacting the group. Role
Corporation tax compliance including:
- Preparation of UK corporation tax returns.
- Undertake Controlled Foreign Company analysis.
- Preparation of interest restriction calculations and the interest restriction return to HMRC.
- Management of tax loss offset and tax payments.
- Support the Senior Accounting Officer Certification process.
- Working closely with colleagues in the Finance team to enable them to efficiently support the work of the Tax team, and vice versa.
Tax reporting including:
- Preparation of tax disclosures for the statutory accounts of subsidiaries in the EMEA region.
- Support of the Group's consolidated tax reporting and forecasting.
VAT compliance including:
- Supporting the in-house preparation of UK VAT returns
- Interaction with external advisers to enable the preparation of other EMEA VAT returns and related filings
- Support the Finance team in VAT accounting matters
Withholding tax matters, including:
- Obtaining treaty clearances and management of certificates of tax residence.
- Facilitating provision of other withholding tax documentation.
- Undertake research and analyse tax technical matters.
Sundry other duties as needed in support of the work of the Tax team including:
Experience / Competences
- Assist with the implementation of technology developments to facilitate the work of the tax team.
- Support the transfer pricing work of the team.
- Good tax accounting skills, including knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Some technical knowledge of tax and its application to commercial activities.
- Experience with Alphatax or similar corporation tax return software.
- ACA or ACCA qualified, or part-qualified. CTA qualification also beneficial.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, adaptable and resilient.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Results oriented with personal accountability, and great team player.
- Attention to detail, quality and control.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, ensuring quality and meeting deadlines.
- Conscientious, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision and goal orientated.
Not The Perfect Fit?
- Experience with Oracle and/or Onestream would be helpful.
- Can demonstrate ability to develop new skills and understand new technology as required.
Concerned that you may not meet the criteria precisely? At TP ICAP, we wholeheartedly believe in fostering inclusivity and cultivating a work environment where everyone can flourish, regardless of your personal or professional background. If you are enthusiastic about this role but find that your experience doesn't align perfectly with every aspect of the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be the ideal candidate for this position or another opportunity within our organisation. Our dedicated Talent Acquisition team is here to assist you in recognising how your unique skills and abilities can be a valuable contribution. Don't hesitate to take the leap and explore the possibilities. Your potential is what truly matters to us. Company Statement
We know that the best innovation happens when diverse people with different perspectives and skills work together in an inclusive atmosphere. That's why we're building a culture where everyone plays a part in making people feel welcome, ready and willing to contribute. TP ICAP Accord - our Employee Network - is a central to this. As well as representing specific groups, TP ICAP Accord helps increase awareness, collaboration, shares best practice, and holds our firm to account for driving continuous cultural improvement. Location
UK - 135 Bishopsgate - London