About Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins is a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation, and collaboration.
About the Role
The Audit & Advisory Assistant is an integral part of Latham's Audit & Advisory team. This role will be responsible for supporting audits of internal accounting, compliance programs, financial management, and various other business activities, through data analysis and other audit techniques. This role will be located in our Manchester office. Please note that this role may be eligible for a flexible working schedule that allows for a hybrid and in-office presence. Study support towards a relevant qualification may be considered.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Other key responsibilities include assisting the Audit team with:
- Performing compliance audits, reviews, examinations, investigations, and other special projects
- Examining and analysing business processes, verifying accounts/expenditures, and providing other analyses of financial and operational data
- Coordinating and administering recurrent compliance reviews, liaising with various support functions, attorneys, and other stakeholders
- In depth analysis of data using data mining and analysis techniques
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, including comprehending and communicating data
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and enjoy working with a range of seniorities
- Display strong organisational skills needed to manage time well, prioritise effectively, and handle multiple deadlines
And ideally have:
- Worked within, or closely with, Accounting, Compliance or Auditing functions
- Experience of working within a law firm, or other professional services environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Benefits & Additional Information
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Health insurance as well as group income protection and life assurance
- A pension plan
- Wellness programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Additionally, we have a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Latham & Watkins is committed to diversity, equal opportunity, sustainability, and pro bono legal services. We draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms, and advance these commitments through the work of our Global Citizenship department. Our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Our diversity makes us who we are. #LI-MM1 #LI-Hybrid