Energean is an independent E&P company focused on developing resources in the Mediterranean and UK North Sea. With presence in nine countries Energean is operating production, development and exploration assets with an excellent HSE track record.
The company has an approximately 70% gas weighted portfolio with more than 1,2bn boe 2P reserves and 2C resources and our flagship development assets are the multi-tcf Karish, Karish North and Tanin gas fields, offshore Israel.
Energean is committed to sustainable development and to be a net zero emitter by 2050 contributing to the global net zero target. The company also strives to meet United Nations' 17 Sustainable Development Goals through its day-to-day operations and a wide range of corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Being an equal opportunity employer and valuing diversity Energean does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Energean, is looking for a talented M&A professional to lead on transaction execution, following our recent growth. The role will be contributing in a significant way to the further growth of the company and offers extensive exposure to Energean's executive management and the Board of Directors.
- End-to-end delivery of mergers, acquisitions and disposal transactions, driving the transaction timetable
- Managing internal and external resources in a timely manner to ensure transaction milestones are met.
- Liaising with the Technical, Commercial and Accounting teams internally and Legal Counsel, Consultants and Advisors externally to fully execute the transaction.
- Assessing attractiveness of potential targets and putting forward acquisition rationale to senior stakeholders
- Develop company financial models, sensitivity cases and pro forma analyses
- Consolidates and reviews due diligence materials, ensuring that key risks are understood and addressed
- Reviews acquisition and disposal documentation to ensure accuracy versus transaction structure ensuring key commercial points are well developed and understood.
- Produces board papers that provide a succinct overview of the rationale for transactions
- Market assessment and industry trends analysis
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance / Economics or related field
- 5-7 years experience in M&A, corporate finance, leveraged finance or corporate development, either from a bank or in house
- Experience of the energy sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to influence and co-ordinate various internal and external team members
- Excellent numerical, communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills with a focus on attention to detail
- Strong experience in financial analysis and development of financial models from scratch
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of an international team
- Experience of public markets M&A, takeover code and class transaction analysis
- Understanding and experience of leveraged finance and debt raising linked to acquisitions
Please apply online by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
This role is being handled by the Energean recruitment team and no agency contact is required.