Are you an experienced finance professional who is ready to take on your next challenge? Are you looking for a fulfilling and rewarding career rather than just another job? Have you had previous experience in a logistics environment? Then you're in the right place!
We're currently looking for an Assistant Finance Manager to join our finance team in Peterborough. You'll support the Finance Manager with providing a fully comprehensive finance support function to the site, whilst maintaining a strong financial control environment to ensure accuracy and integrity of information. GXO are an ACCA Approved Employer and accredited by the ACMA
This is a permanent, full-time role where you'll be predominately working Monday to Friday, office hours.
Pay, benefits and more:
We're looking to offer a salary of up to £37,000 per annum and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Your benefits package includes flexible dental insurance plans, a company sponsored pension scheme, a 24/7 online GP service, life assurance and a fully comprehensive employee assistance programme. You'll also have access to our MyBenefits platform offering a variety of high street discounts, a cycle to work scheme, cashback cards, a saving scheme and much more!
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Assist with the preparation of weekly and monthly financial reports
- Assist with the month end close process including the preparation and posting of journals
- Preparing cross charges and liaising with other sites for approval to process these cross charges
- Issue and control of purchase orders
- Liaise with operational teams to confirm labour and costs
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- Completion of or studying towards professional qualification such as CIMA or ACCA
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Advanced Excel Spreadsheet skills, including the ability to use formulas to a good standard
- Accuracy driven, with high attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise to meet deadlines
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work. GXO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion in our business is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation and Disability Confident Leader as part of the Disability Confident Scheme (GIS) and actively welcome applications from people with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.