The Finance Manager - UK reports to and supports the Head of Finance UK. This role is responsible for the production, analysis and reporting of the regular management, financial and regulatory reporting for the UK Traditional business as well as the support of the Global Finance Solutions business. It is a business partner to the UK Traditional Pricing and Business Development teams, as well as other Finance and Business senior stakeholders
- Production and reporting of regular management, financial and regulatory reporting for the UK Traditional business. This includes journal review, reporting pack and other commentary preparation as well as assistance with or preparation of board papers and other financial and regulatory disclosures.
- Detailed analysis of the UK Traditional results. This includes working closely with UK Valuation, Admin Operations and other RGA Group teams to reconcile, analyse and comment on results, as well as to support and improve interlinked processes. This requires the preparation, reconciliation and analysis of income statement movements and balance sheet accounts.
- Support of the Global Financial Solutions Finance operations and reporting processes.
- Finance business partner to the UK Traditional Pricing and Business Development Teams as well as other Finance and Business stakeholders.
- Day-to-day management of the UK Traditional Finance team (currently 2 direct reports). This includes the coaching, supporting and on-the-job training of more junior staff.
- Driving efficiencies within the UK Finance space, to ensure quick, well-controlled reporting production processes, including the development and embedding of new processes. This includes projects such as Suspense clearing.
- Main contact for any technical accounting queries or changes and the integration of these into the BAU space, including treaty analysis, new accounting standards, company structure changes, regulatory updates.
- Liaising with, and responding to, external and internal audit.
- Supporting the UK Finance SOX, EUC, Risk Review and Internal Audit processes, including the review and update of policies and documentation, ensuring RGA and governance standards are met.
- Support of ad-hoc Finance projects as well as any other reasonable duties within your level of skills and ability.
- Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACA, ACCA or equivalent with 4+ years post-qualified experience.
- Working knowledge of US/IFRS/UK GAAP accounting and Solvency II regulatory reporting requirements.
- Experience with insurance or reinsurance company financial and regulatory reporting or within the finance function of a financial services company or accounting firm.
- Team management experience.
RGA's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
RGA Aims to evolve RGA workplaces and the communities in which RGA has a presence, into more diverse, equitable and inclusive environments. We will create a culture where individuals are valued, feel a sense of belonging, and are respected for their differences - a workplace where all employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
Our individual, social, economic, and cultural identities shape and influence our experiences and perspectives. Therefore, to do our best work RGA will ensure diversity in our workforce across the various dimensions of social, interpersonal, and cultural identity -- and by practicing inclusivity in how we work with one another. Inclusion in our workplace is a step towards our purpose of making financial protection accessible to all.
We support hybrid and flexible ways of working and would welcome a discussion on how we can balance what is important to you with business requirements during the recruitment process.
What can RGA offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Financial support with reference to Qualifications and Learning and Development Courses.
- 25 Days Annual Leave, Plus Bank Holidays.
- Pension Package.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance.
- Group Income Protection.
Reinsurance Group of America is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies in the world. With operations in 26 countries, we are the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life and health related reinsurance solutions.
Our core products and services include life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
RGA has approximately $3.4 trillion of life reinsurance in force, assets of $84.9 billion, and a singular purpose: to make financial protection accessible to all.