Lifestyle Brands (the LSB) is a growing house of like-minded brands under the SC Johnson umbrella including Method, Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day, Babyganics and Ecover. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional operations in Chicago and throughout Europe, the LSB is home to 650 employees. Together we act as a force for bold, transformative growth with a focus on delivering positive impact for people and the planet. If you're into pioneering the future and doing good while doing business, come join us.
The LSB is part of SC Johnson, a family-owned company and leading manufacturer of household cleaning, home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care products, as well as professional products. Originally founded in 1886 and headquartered in Wisconsin, U.S.A., SC Johnson and the Lifestyle Brands division are at work for a better world. Location:
Contract type: Permanent
People Leader: Head of Financial Control
Internal Job Title:
Associate Manager, Finance
What's in it for you?
- Competitive pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours
- 'Build your own' learning programme
- Free breakfast & snacks
- 25 days annual holiday
- Pension, Life cover & Health Insurance
- Volunteering days
- Season ticket loan
- Wellness days
- Free refills
Based in the UK and reporting to the Head of Financial Control this is a key appointment in the LSB Europe finance team.
Our European organisation is a little complex with 9 legal entities across 5 of the markets we operate in. This means there is lots to do in terms of regional consolidations, audit, statutory accounts, tax, transfer pricing and controls to make sure we meet all of our financial compliance needs & deadlines.
We are looking for a compliance guru, someone who loves to manage an audit be it internal or external, that has an eye for detail, is passionate about statutory accounting, knowledgeable around European taxes be they income or VAT, someone who likes to develop and implement robust controls to support the business as it grows.
This is not a typical finance job in a typical FMCG company; as well as the basics, you will need to possess a unique blend of skills. The role calls for a real self starter who is passionate, who is curious about what drives the business, who is able to quickly build relationships, influence and prioritise in order to deliver on objectives. Responsibilities: AUDIT
- Manage the annual statutory audit cycles across all of the LSB Europe entities
- Manage any internal audit requests
- Oversee preparation of statutory accounts for all legal entities in LSB Europe
- Work closely with advisors to ensure completion + filing in line with local deadlines
- Track + minimise accounting differences between management and statutory accounts
- Income tax - oversee preparation of income tax returns for all legal entities in LSB Europe working with both external advisors + Group tax team to ensure no material issues + returns are filed & tax paid on time.
- Ensure implementation + effective operation of any agreed APA with European business
- VAT - ensure VAT flows across Europe are robust and in line with best practice and review + ensure submission of relevant VAT returns + payment of tax in line with required deadlines
- Payroll taxes
- Maintain good working relationship with UK CRM at HMRC. Support annual certification process = any audit request from HMRC and manage any tax audits in countries in which LSB Europe operates
- Ensure robust internal controls exist and operate across European business and maintain documentation of internal controls + provide testing as required
- Provision of financial information as required for other submission eg Belgium works council
- Submission of statistical returns across Europe
- Updates to wider business on audit processes + importance of internal controls
- Support of broader finance team deliverables + projects
- A superstar qualified accountant having worked in both audit and tax roles. Experience of European tax would be a bonus. You'll need to have a background in practice, but some additional industry experience would also be a plus.
- You're a wizz with Excel and SAP and fundamentally detail oriented with a sense of pragmatism and commercial acumen
- Your communications credentials are one of your biggest strengths; you can strike up strong relationships with people from the get-go and proven ability to build robust relationships working with external advisors and experience working with and influencing cross functional teams.
- You're a self-starter who isn't just waiting for instruction, you seek out opportunities and make them happen with passion. You possess the ability to navigate through complexity and prioritize
- You have a passion for simplicity and to make finance accessible for all. You enjoy creating structure and working in logical way and also have a desire to get stuck in to make processes simpler and easier
- You must have a relentless desire to push boundaries (it's what gets you out of bed in the morning!) in making all efforts work harder the business, exploring new, different, and exciting opportunities along the way
We are the people behind method + Ecover. We've always done things differently - we're fearless thinkers, mad scientists and daring designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions, and beautiful bubbles. We started small but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colourful place. We invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Let's get one thing straight - you're not coming here to just sell soap, or cleaning products. You're joining us to move the hearts, souls and minds of others all over the world that see the world differently. We think about cleaning as an act of creative expression, a gesture of rebellion, and, yes, an escape from the normal. We take cleaning seriously - but not ourselves.
Alongside our friends Mrs Meyers and Babyganics, we are collectively known as Lifestyle Brands and are part of the SC Johnson family.
It's a big, beautiful, colourful world out there and we should celebrate that. That's why we're working hard to be a fully diverse and inclusive place to work. Every day we strive to create an atmosphere where everyone feels valued, listened to, supported and where we can do our best work. Sure, there's always more that can be done. But together with our team, partners, customers, and community, we can make everyone welcome.
We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates. If you have a disability or a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our vacancies, please visit their Career Hive - careers support for disabled candidates delivered by careers professionals with lived experience of disability. Find out more at https://hive.evenbreak.co.uk.
We are happy to adjust our hiring process to ensure we are accessible to everyone - please let us know what we can do to support you.