About the role
At DS Smith in Caerphilly we're looking for an enthusiastic Credit Controller to help us protect the investment in our debtors and improve the return by achieving agreed targets and reporting results to senior management. We have a global list of customers who use us for their packaging and recycling needs and you'll ensure that those customers can confidently pay us within agreed timelines.
Within this role you'll carry out collections as defined by our group credit policy, taking responsibility for the collection and administration of monies due from our customers. You'll manage and control a portfolio of customer accounts, ensuring payments are received within the agreed contractual terms. You'll deal with customer invoice queries, ensure cash payments targets are achieved and monitor any customers with outstanding debt. You'll also be required to maintain our sales ledgers, prepare monthly statements and reconcile accounts.
- A proven track record of B2B Credit Control & Collections.
- Track record of reducing aged debt.
- Experience in dispute management.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse data and reports.
- High degree of computer literacy and system proficiency, ideally in Excel and SAP.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to increase productivity through continuous improvement of credit control and accounts receivable processes.
- Similar role held within a manufacturing background.
- Shared Service experience would be beneficial.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus based on team performance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme, life assurance and income protection
- Sharesave scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and corporate discounts
Caerphilly - we operate a hybrid model, so you'll spend 3 days a week in the office and 2 at home as standard