Director / Associate Director, Late Stage Partnering
Ipsen Bioscience, Inc.
The Director / Associate Director, Late Stage Partnering will be part of the Global Business Development and Global Partnering function and and report to the Senior Vice President, Late Stage Partnering.
The Director / Associate Director will be an active member of the team and will lead activities related to due diligence and execution on Business Development opportunities, focusing on Late Stage assets. The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that Business Development opportunities and transactions are aligned with Ipsen's overall corporate strategy while maintaining close working relationships with all key internal stakeholders to ensure alignment in process and execution. The Associate Director will establish a robust reputation for Ipsen in Business Development and increase Ipsen's visibility of partner-of-choice for Late Stage asset across the globe.
Main Responsibilities & Job Expectations:
- Provide support to SVP Late Stage Partnering to optimize deal flow (process and execution), Business Development strategy, and overall visibility of Ipsen as partner-of-choice across our three therapeutic areas: Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Disease
- Manage due diligence and structure and negotiate transactions, including in/out-licensing deals, product acquisitions, strategic partnerships and M&As
- Collaborate with Senior Leaders and key stakeholders across functions (country/regional leadership, Commercial Franchises, R&D, Medical, IP, Finance, Legal, Manufacturing and Corporate Strategy) to:
- Establish Late-Stage Business Development strategy & goals in alignment with overall business/corporate strategy and objectives
- Ensure high-quality due diligence activities and efforts
- Execute value-add deals
- Ensure transactions support Ipsen's strategy for late-stage assets across TAs
- Lead multi-functional due diligence for robust assessment of opportunities to support decision-making in the BD process, and contracting/negotiations
- Ensure appropriate documentation of due diligence findings, and review and approval by respective functions
- Lead (or co-lead with SVP, Late Stage Partnering where relevant) contract negotiations and work cross-functionally to ensure high-quality contracts are negotiated and executed to protect future interests of Ipsen's business
- Provide concise and accurate updates and documentations to senior management (and committees involving members from the Board of Directors when necessary) for deal review and decision-making
- Contribute to business strategy through analysis of evolving market, R&D/competitive landscape and Ipsen's overall corporate strategy and objectives
- Deliver accurate and timely updates, and provide customized support to the Late Stage team and Ipsen's Global External Innovation and Partnering (GEIP) leadership for regular review and decision making at senior management level
- Interface with key stakeholder functions within Ipsen as well as with executives outside Ipsen including executive levels individuals, including Chairman and CEO
- Maintain professional network with external companies and advisers including attendance at appropriate conferences and other industry events
Knowledge, Abilities & Experience:
- BA/BS is required, ideally in a relevant field
- Advanced post-graduate degree including MS or PhD in Chemistry, Biology or Medicine is ideal; MS in Finance or MBA also desirable
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry with a strong track record of executing BD deals, including M&A, partnerships, alliances and licensing
- Experience with the full business development lifecycle, from deal sourcing and negotiations, to deal closure and integration, with an emphasis on late stage assets / deals
- Exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, ideally including at least two of the following: Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Disease
- Broad Business Development experience in the R&D and commercial context, ideally with international experience given our global scope
- Excellent English language skills including verbal and written communication, French language skills would be a plus
- Able to work from our Cambridge, MA office (North American HQ) or our Global HQ in France including a mix of in-office and remote working
The annual base salary range for this position is $177,000 - $259,600.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentives program as well as our long-term incentives program.
At Ipsen we are proud to offer a comprehensive employee benefits package, including 401(k) with company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, as well as flexible spending accounts. Ipsen also provides parental leave, paid time off, a discretionary winter shutdown, well-being allowance, commuter benefits, and much more.
The pay range displayed above is the range of base pay compensation within which Ipsen expects to pay for this role at the time of this posting. Individual compensation within this range depends on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, prior education and experience, job-related knowledge and demonstrated skills.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.