Senior Internal Auditor
Locations: London, U.S. - Stamford, Hartford, Dublin
Internal Audit performs independent and objective evaluations of internal control processes and advises on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of systems, controls and operations. Internal Audit, through ongoing risk assessment and resource allocation, responds with a sense of urgency to change within AXA XL. Internal Audit provides solutions that add value to enable AXA XL to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to risk management control and governance processes. The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for leading or sharing in the leadership of all aspects [planning, execution, and reporting] of audits at AXA XL, including completing them in accordance with departmental standards and using Internal Audit technology tools, in order to provide an independent and objective assessment of internal controls to management, the AXA XL Audit Committee and relevant subsidiary Boards/governing bodies
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Leads or shares in the leadership of all aspects of planning, execution and reporting of audits.
- Ensures all work is completed in accordance with professional (e.g., Institute of Internal Auditors) standards, including AXA Group Internal Audit guidelines.
- Assists in the development of a group-wide risk-based audit plan, inclusive of participating in related discussions with AXA XL business unit leadership.
- Effectively communicates with AXA XL Internal Audit Managers, Directors and Chief Audit Executive.
- Oversees the effective completion of the audit planning and risk assessment phase for specifically assigned complex areas or entire audits, inclusive of process narratives, flowcharts and audit programs. Provides input on audit coverage in presentations to the Audit Leadership Team.
- Directly performs and oversees the audit team's effective execution and documentation of testing associated with the field work phase of the audit, including ensuring that audit program steps are adequately satisfied, appropriate conclusions reached, and issues documented.
- Creatively uses data analytics and visualization during audit planning, fieldwork and reporting, and takes a lead role in influencing the team's optimal utilization of available tools, such as MS Power BI, Tableau, ACL, MS Excel and Python.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to assigned team members utilizing acquired audit and AXA XL business knowledge.
- Assesses the design and operating effectiveness of financial, operational and regulatory compliance controls and determines root causes and business impacts associated with process deficiencies.
- Directly performs and/or coordinates the review and approval of all relevant audit work papers and other relevant outputs by Internal Audit management.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of audit reports and other related documents in conjunction with issuance to AXA XL business unit leadership.
- Represents AXA XL Internal Audit in conjunction with major business initiatives and proactively advises management on the design and implementation of effective processes and controls while maintaining auditor independence.
- Performs ad hoc audit projects, as assigned by AXA XL Internal Audit leadership and responding to emerging risks and management requests.
- Regularly interacts with AXA XL business unit management on the status of their remediation plans to address control deficiencies reported by Internal Audit and performs validation testing of control design and operating effectiveness following the completion of management's remediation efforts.
You will report to an AXA XL Internal Audit Manager or Director.
SHARE your talent
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- CPA/CIA/ACA/CA/CISA designation (or equivalent) preferred.
- BA/BS/BSc (or equivalent) in Accounting, Auditing, Business (or similar field) desirable but not mandatory.
- Prior internal and/or external audit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities in managing people and projects, and effectively interacting with team members and business unit management at multiple levels.
- Proven track record within internal/external audit environment evidencing robust performance in conducting high quality audit work, findings and reports.
- Knowledge of insurance/reinsurance processes, products and services, including claims, financial reporting, investment management and underwriting.
- Understanding of IFRS, Solvency II and general understanding of SEC and statutory reporting requirements.
- Familiar with a risk-based and business process focused audit approach.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don't just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a comprehensive and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business - property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Inclusion & Diversity
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will consider applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That's why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, and create an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It's about helping one another - and our business - to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ , ethnicity and origins, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AXA XL, Sustainability is integral to our business strategy. In an ever-changing world, AXA XL protects what matters most for our clients and communities. We know that sustainability is at the root of a more resilient future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability strategy, called "Roots of resilience", focuses on protecting natural ecosystems, addressing climate change, and embedding sustainable practices across our operations.
- Valuing nature: How we impact nature affects how nature impacts us. Resilient ecosystems - the foundation of a sustainable planet and society - are essential to our future. We're committed to protecting and restoring nature - from mangrove forests to the bees in our backyard - by increasing biodiversity awareness and inspiring clients and colleagues to put nature at the heart of their plans.
- Addressing climate change: The effects of a changing climate are far reaching and significant. Unpredictable weather, increasing temperatures, and rising sea levels cause both social inequalities and environmental disruption. We're building a net zero strategy, developing insurance products and services, and mobilizing to advance thought leadership and investment in societal-led solutions.
- Integrating ESG: All companies have a role to play in building a more resilient future. Incorporating ESG considerations into our internal processes and practices builds resilience from the roots of our business. We're training our colleagues, engaging our external partners, and evolving our sustainability governance and reporting.
- AXA Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as AXA XL's "Hearts in Action" programs. These include our Matching Gifts program, Volunteering Leave, and our annual volunteering day - the Global Day of Giving.
For more information, please see axaxl.com/sustainability