Head of Finance (Maternity Cover)
Central London, hybrid working Employment Type:
Part-time and temporary, 3 days per week Reports to:
We're looking for a Head of Finance to join our team on a part-time and temporary basis, maternity cover. This role will work closely with our COO in helping to deliver on Doctify’s international growth plans and route to breakeven. We’re Doctify
We’re a leading global healthcare review platform, empowering patients to make confident and informed decisions on their healthcare, having helped more than 50 million patients to date.
In early 2023 Doctify secured an additional $10m in a growth round led by Beringea, the transatlantic venture capital firm. The round will help Doctify accomplish our mission to help over 100 million patients by 2025.
The funding, which brings total investment in Doctify to more than $29m, will be used to accelerate growth in key international markets, invest in groundbreaking product enhancements, and expand our global team.You’ll Be Responsible For
- Enabling growth, whilst delivering efficiency through rigorous cash and cost control.
- Driving the finance team to continue to be a centre of excellence in the company.
- Managing all responsibilities and deliverables of the finance function and ensure they are accurate and on time.
- Owning and running transformation projects in finance, including reporting and system changes.
- Delivering process efficiencies in the function and across the company.
- Helping the COO put cash management, collection and forecasting as a top priority for the company.
- Owning all ad hoc analysis requests into the finance team with support of the finance and ops team, and COO.
- Assisting the COO in preparation for board meetings and ad-hoc board queries.
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- You are a fully qualified accountant with 5+ years’ experience including people management.
- You will have previous experience in a similar role, working in a startup/growth environment.
- You will have proficiency with financial modeling, forecasting, and analysis.
- You will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You will have experience working in other international markets outside of the UK, desirable but not essential.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. They’re more than just buzz-words for us. Our commitment to these values is steadfast and they are an integral part of how we create what is Uniquely Doctify in our ways of working, policies and processes, building our teams and ultimately, bringing our mission to life.
We are a global company with people from all around the world and we believe that different perspectives and an inclusive and fair environment will help generate better ideas, supporting us on our journey to being a force for good and improving patient care for all.
We will always embrace uniqueness - so bring your whole self to Doctify!More about Doctify
Doctify was launched in 2015 by Stephanie Eltz and Suman Saha, who met as trainee surgeons, to address the lack of a trusted or transparent online platform for patient reviews. While the likes of TripAdvisor, Trustpilot, and Glassdoor had enabled consumers around the world to search easily for verified feedback on products, services, and experiences, this model had yet to cut through in global healthcare.
We are a global healthcare review platform, empowering patients to make confident and informed decisions on their health and social care.
Backed by transatlantic venture capital firm, Beringea, leading European investment funds Amadeus Capital Partners, Keen Ventures as well as investors such as Sir John Hegarty (founder of Saatchi & Saatchi), and Tom Teichmann (early investor in Lastminute.com, Notonthehighstreet.com, Made.com and Simba Sleep).