GeneralJob Description & Person Specification
Benefits Advisor Division: Culture & People Reports To: As per Beazley’s organisation chart Key Relationships:
Culture & People team, internal and external stakeholdersRole Summary:
At the heart of the Beazley strategy are our people and culture. We are focused on attracting and nurturing talented colleagues who champion diversity of thought. The benefits we provide and the focus on the wellbeing of our people are a key part of supporting this purpose.
The Benefits Advisor will proactively support the Benefits and Wellbeing Manager across Beazley’s global benefits programme, including health, wellbeing, lifestyle, risk and pension benefits. This is a fast paced role offering variety, as well as the opportunity to support on key deliverables in line with our global benefit strategy. This role offers extensive opportunities to develop new skills and broaden experience across the area of Reward.
Beazley operates in the following locations, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, UK and the US. General:
It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to Beazley’s core values - Being Bold, Striving for Better, and Doing the Right Thing - as they contribute to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers. We also expect Beazley employees to:
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct which incorporates the PRA and FCA Conduct.
- Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
- Support a wide variety of benefit and pension projects, including the implementation of new benefits to specific countries, and automation of benefit enrolments
- Supporting the annual benefit renewal activity from start to finish
- Actively maintain the Darwin Benefit portal, including annual enrolment window and month end processes.
- Providing support to the wider Reward team, such as data analytics and project support.
- Contribute to broader HR initiatives, such as health and wellbeing
- Checking and processing of invoices in line with budgets and accruals
- Partner effectively with the C&P Operations team, Business Partners, payroll teams, brokers and external vendors to ensure smooth running of deliverables.
- Point of contact for general benefits questions, ensuring they are answered in a timely and efficient manner
Person SpecificationsPerson Specification:Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Diligent, methodical and organized approach to work complemented by a high attention to detail
- Ability to operate effectively in a busy, fast-paced environment subject to multiple shifting priorities
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders across the organization, at different levels of seniority
- Innovative and resourceful, with an aptitude for continuous improvement
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility and drive task completion
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and take a flexible approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Demonstrable UK employee benefits and pension knowledge within a fast moving corporate/professional services environment
- Previous experience working an in-house benefits role, or experience at an employee benefits advisory firm (supporting client renewal work)
- Experience of supporting flexible benefits portals critical, Darwin portal experience desirable
- Understanding of project activities, including development and management of project trackers, prioritisation, and process flows.