Elevation Senior Finance are delighted to be the preferred recruitment partner for a leading global rectuiter as they look to add external resources into their finance team, to support a preriod of sustained growth following several successful acquisitions.
The role of Commercial Accountant reports directly to the Financial Controller for the reporting side of the Group. It is a fantastic role, where you will have the opportunity to work closely with senior Managers and Directors from across the business. This is the area of the business that looks after all figures for the entities that operate from Head Office, including management accounts, statutory accounts and budgeting/ forecasting. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day financial responsibilities of several head office departments / entities and will potentially be involved with future acquisitions and integrations.
You will work closely with the core finance team who are responsible for the day-to-day accounts processing, and you will work collaboratively as part of the management accounts process to deliver any training required to this team. You will also be responsible for full ownership of the figures for your specific departments and will be able to support these when queries arise.
In addition you will also have the opportunity to support a wide variety of projects, that only a business of this scale and ambition can provide. With the opportunity to get involved in acquisitions, make commercial recommendations and present to senior stakeholders, you will have lots of opportunity to further develop your career.
- Ownership of all overhead costs for specific departments, including calculation and input into the finance system of monthly prepayments and accruals
- Production of department reporting in order to help with financial planning, including review and investigation of any variances between the actual results and budgeted/forecasted results
- Build relationships with relevant commercial departments and act as a business partner for financial/numerical queries
- Calculation and ownership of figures to be included in quarterly budgets and forecasts for specific departments/ cost lines
- Ownership/presentation of monthly finance reports to direct line manager, and senior finance as required
- Support group & statutory audits for relevant areas
- Project work
- Assisting with the integration of new subsidiaries
- Ad-hoc support to wider UK finance team as required
Key skills / qualifications:
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Minimum 2 year's experience working in a similar role within finance
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent IT system skills, in particular MS Excel
If you are looking to work for a business where you will be able to propel your career forward, work with fantastic finance professional and have exposure to exciting projects, then please apply today!