About the Opportunity
Job Type: Permanent
Application Deadline: 12 February 2024
Title Senior Manager, Trustee Services
Department Global Platform Services CAO Function
Location Kingswood Fields
Reports To Director Trustee Services
Level Senior Manager, Level 6
We're proud to have been helping our clients build better financial futures for over 50 years. How have we achieved this? By working together - and supporting each other - all over the world. So, join our [insert name of team/ business area] team and feel like you're part of something bigger.
About your team
Our Global Platform Solutions (GPS) channel delivers investment management services to our corporate pension plan sponsors and their employees. The CAO function within GPS has accountability for our business strategy, governance and change delivery. We work across Fidelity to define, align and deliver our business strategy through our internal and external business partners.
A strategic product for the UK business is our Fidelity Master Trust which has 162,670 members, £6.74bn AUM
and growing steadily. Since April 2015, Independent Governance Committees (IGCs) have become a regulatory obligation for all providers of workplace pensions. Managing positive relationships and alignment with the Master Trust trustees and IGC are key to our strategy and to delivering great member outcomes.
About your role
The primary responsibility of the Trustee Services Manager is to work with Fidelity and both the Boards to ensure effective communication and governance are maintained. You will support the Director of Trustee Services in managing the external Master Trust Board (MTB) and the Independent Governance Committee (IGC) across a broad range of activities.
The role requires the candidate to be able to perform the following primary functions:
Master Trust Supervisory Framework
- Support Fidelity and the Trustees in implementing and maintaining policies and practices arising from the Pension Regulators Master Trust supervision requirements
- Champion the Master Trust and IGC within Fidelity and improve governance of the Master Trust Scheme
- Oversee the annual cycle of documents required for ongoing compliance with the regulatory authorisation
- Support Fidelity in its roles as Scheme Strategist and Scheme Funder
- Act as the primary contact point for regulatory compliance with the Master Trust Regulatory Framework ensuring the Director of Trustee Services is always kept up to date
- Monitor changes to the regulation or changes to the interpretation of existing regulation. Keeping abreast of industry trends and identifying and applying relevant industry best practice
- Provide input and support to the development of activities and initiatives
- Liaise with the external auditors and legal advisors
- Deliver Chairs report in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Prepare the draft for the CEO of FIL Life in response to value for members and strategist letters by working across the leads in FIL
Independent Governance Committee (IGC) Value for Money (VFM) Framework
- Manage IGC action plan by ensuring evidence is provided in a timely manner to meet regulatory deadlines
- Project manage Chairs statement by providing content and time cost plan to the Chair of IGC and Director of Trustee Services
- Prepare drafts for the CEO of FIL Life and FASL in response to VFM letters, by working across with leads in FIL
Support Fidelity Master Trust Board (MTB) and Independent Governance Committee (IGC)
- Establish quality assurance and alignment across Fidelity
- Identify and escalate as relevant, to resolve client and member incidents
- Ensure Fidelity represents itself effectively to the Trustees/IGC (quality, consistent, aligned)
- Coordinate and manage actions allocated by the MTB and IGC to Fidelity, managing delivery through to completion
- Take a proactive approach in escalating issues, complaints and other activities and determining resolution across the business
- Work closely with the Scheme Secretary in the preparation of agendas and supporting papers for the MTB and IGC
- Work with Fidelity colleagues to maintain and enhance management information for the Fidelity MTB and IGC
- Maintain and update all policies and procedures required to support the smooth running of the MTB and IGC
- Provide support to both boards as required between formal meetings, including attendance at sub-committee meetings and ensuring effective, open and transparent communication between parties
- Support the Director of Trustee Services in maintaining and tracking all costs
- Quarterly reporting of cost against budgets
- Maintain contracts and raise reviews in a timely manner
- Ensure SLA are maintained
- Escalate issues in a timely manner to the Director of Trustee services
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Detailed knowledge of UK Defined Contribution pension scheme landscape and the different legislative structures of Mater Trust and contract schemes
- Strong writing and project management skills. Able to generate and drive content for chair's reports
- Presentation and relationship management skills, engaging with a wide group of Fidelity colleagues at all levels and across multiple teams
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management
- Well organised and structured. Capable of managing and reporting multiple tasks across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the operation and regulation of Master Trust and contract schemes
- Experience working in a regulated environment / dealing with regulators
- Commercial awareness, ability to support the commercial aspirations of Fidelity's defined contribution pensions business
For starters, we'll offer you a comprehensive benefits package. We'll value your wellbeing and support your development. And we'll be as flexible as we can about where and when you work - finding a balance that works for all of us. It's all part of our commitment to making you feel motivated by the work you do and happy to be part of our team. For more about our work, our approach to dynamic working and how you could build your future here, visit careers.fidelityinternational.com.
For more about our work, our approach to dynamic working and how you could build your future here, visit careers.fidelityinternational.com.
As an international financial services organisation, we are in-scope of international regulations in the way that we carry out our work. This position is involved in work that is regulated by the FCA and/or the PRA and their Individual Conduct Rules (COCON) apply to it, along with any other regulation. We provide training on COCON and how it affects our employees. More information about COCON can be found in the Employment Handbook.