St. James's Place (SJP) works in partnership to plan, grow and protect our clients' financial futures. We deliver personalised, face-to-face financial advice to our clients, who trust us to manage their money to reach their goals. We provide this service via the Partnership, a network of qualified, expert advisors. We put financial wellbeing and responsible business choices at the heart of everything we do. We believe in the value of difference and know that diverse teams can help us problem and innovate for clients.
We look for people to join SJP to make an impact and to contribute to our culture which is based around long term relationships, doing the right thing, and being the best version of ourselves.
Business Assurance Adviser Location:
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Employment Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for 2 Business Assurance Advisers in our Bristol location.
The main purpose of this role is to compliance check a range of business submitted by the Partnership (our financial advisers), providing feedback to the Field Management Team, Business Risk Team and Partners on changes required to cases.
To also provide technical support to the Partnership in relation to the correct documentation for all case types.
What you'll be doing:
- Compliance checking a range of business submitted by the Partnership.
- Advising Business Risk and Field Management of any issues raised from file checking to enable feedback to the Partner.
- Delivering projects as required, e.g. Partner investigations.
- Attending regular meetings where necessary to ensure a consistent approach on all areas of Support reviewing and discuss areas where improvements/changes can be made.
- Ensuring that acceptable and consistent level of service standards are maintained.
Who we're looking for:
- An individual with CII Level 4 Diploma (or equivalent) as a minimum.
- PC literate, including MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams etc.
- You'll develop a full understanding of how the BA role fits in with the Field Management Team and the Partnership, the end-to-end advice model, wider financial services environment, the compliance framework and steps necessary to avoid mis-selling.
- Ability to undertake complex calculations when assessing cases related to Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, annual lifetime pensions allowances and the analysis of ceding scheme information etc.
- Ability to make suggestions for improvements to processes to contribute to continuous improvement within the BA function. There is a requirement to be able to adapt to changes in process/practice and those changes driven by Regulation.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, ability to articulate complex feedback in a way that is understood and accepted.
- Resilience to setbacks and challenges from the field and ability to manage expectations accordingly.
There may also be the need to be CF30 registered, and SM&CR certified with the Regulator and the requirement for occasional travel to other sites for the purposes of training/team meetings.
- What's in it for you?
- Private Medical - up to family cover paid for by Company- via BUPA. No excess for claims.*
- Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.*
- Non-Contributory Pension - 10% (increasing with length of service up to 15%) with further pension matching.
- Parental leave - 6 months full pay
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy up to an additional 5 days holiday
- Not applicable to Fixed-Term Contracts (standard uplift applies in lieu of the protection benefits)
We know that everyone works best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We have introduced a hybrid working policy to provide greater flexibility for part-time work, job-sharing, remote working, and flexibility on hours. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Our team will be in touch. As a business regulated by the FCA we would advise you to familiarise yourself with the conduct regulations and in particular consumer duty obligations prior to an interview with SJP.