ING is family friendly organisation, offering a hybrid working pattern. Traders are required to be in the office 3 days per week
Generous start and finish times
Best in Class Pension, EV Scheme, Potential for Bonus
We would love to hear from Credit Traders with 1 year + plus experience in Emerging Markets, this would be an Associate or perhaps VP level hire
Global Credit Trading team ("GCT") is responsible for credit trading in Emerging Europe, Asia and European IG, Covered Bonds, HY and US IG. The group is a market maker in hard currency credit and supports primary bond activity. Flow trading, credit analysis, pricing, structuring, execution, hedging, electronic/voice trading and distribution are key components of the business. The team interact daily with Sales, Research and DCM/Syndicate.
GCT aims to be at the front of the ongoing transformation in financial markets aided by data and systematic trading. Successful candidates will promote change with aspiration to improve performance through the adoption of technology.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
GCT operates in a high paced environment and is looking for a candidate who can learn quickly and adapt to this fluid environment. The candidate will be part of the EM Credit Trading desk within GCT and work closely with 3 other team members trading overall Emerging Markets in London and interact regularly with Sales, Syndicate, Research and Risk Management functions. It is essential that the candidate has a solid track record in trading Emerging Markets CEEMEA risk as he/she is expected to start trading straight away.
- Make markets consistently in Emerging Markets hard currency cash products to the firm's clients to intention of producing stable sustainable revenue across the credit cycle.
- Provide cover and trade in other Emerging Market sectors covered at the desk
- Maintains trading style and provide market colour to clients, sales and DCM
- Use and promote technology proactively
- Identify opportunities to increase market share & product income and execute initiatives to achieve it.
- Promote ING's Credit Trading franchise.
- Trade in various markets (bonds/CDS).
- University degree (2:1 or above)
- 1 - 2 years of Emerging Markets credit trading experience.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg
- Understands the basics of the market
- Good understanding of fixed income products/ financial instruments
Coding Skills: Python, Java
What else are we looking for from you?
- Can do' attitude, positive mind set, adaptability and resilience.
- Curious, entrepreneurial and innovative problem solver.
- Collaborative approach
- Clear, concise and transparent communicator.
- Disciplined, customer-focused and results-orientated
- Attention to detail and disciplined.
- Able to work under pressure and in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to ingest large amounts of data under time pressure.
- Accountable for own actions and learns from mistakes.
Values at ING
You will be prudent, honest and responsible
Behaviours at ING
You take it on and make it happen
You help others to be successful
You are always a step ahead