With minimal supervision, performs full range of post award commercial administration and contract commercial close out activities.
Supports Commercial Manager with delivery of commercial reporting to corporate function and ensure all commercial procedures are followed and reviewed. Support with the implementation and delivery of key policies and procedures including the Financial Management Framework and Tender Governance Procedures.
The Commercial Advisor main deliverables and responsibilities are listed below:
- Promotes safe working practices within commercial function.
- Performs post award admin including; ensuring that the contract is set up correctly in the appropriate business system, ensuring that invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and include full contract entitlement, ensuring commercial models and scope of delivery are understood by the contract management team, rate reviews are completed.
- Management of change is captured in contract variations/amendments and commercial administration files are established and maintained.
- Negotiate and manage client incentive schemes.
- Responsible for key commercial deliverables including margin improvement plans and cash improvement plans.
- Focal point for management of risk registers
- Responsible for project compliance with financial Delegation of Authority.
- Interfaces with client on a regular basis.
- Leads and provides commercial support to the project team to ensure contract commercial compliance
- Prepares monthly commercial management reports and input to monthly Contract Performance Reviews.
- Supports governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project.
- Liaises with various internal customers with regards to commercial management, risk reviews, corporate reporting and contractual discussions
- Assist with the negotiation of Terms and Conditions with clients and suppliers.
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract/Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with clients.
- Mentors and develops junior commercial personnel.
- Enhance project delivery and avoid any risk or commercial exposure to WOOD.
- Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to WOOD and Clients.
The Commercial Advisor must have good communication skills, with the drive to manage and deliver WOODS core values and commercial processes and procedures in an ethical manner. Considerable knowledge and experience of commercial administration processes and procedures
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Relevant experience in a similar role or professional qualification is desirable.
- Demonstrate commitment to WOOD and client Core Values
- Demonstrate commitment to WOOD Commercial Process and Procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage others.
- Ability to prioritise key tasks and solve problems for the team.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint