As one of the world's largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions -- we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.About the department
When you become part of our Tax team, you’ll discover a culture celebrating individuality, fresh thinking, flexibility and collaboration, whilst not only embracing change but impacting it. We’re simply not a one-size-fits-all firm and work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of RSM and our clients. As Ali Sapsford (our Head of Tax) states, “personality and fun are as big a part of our culture as is our passion for delivering a premium service to our clients... That sense of team is what attracts clients and staff alike to RSM, and it’s one of the things I love about RSM!”
Our National Corporate Tax Service Line works with clients across a broad range of business types and sectors, from owner-managed businesses and middle market organisations to large multinational groups. We manage their tax affairs on the compliance side whilst also acting as expert advisors when planning matters arise. The latter includes, but is not exclusive to, due diligence, transactions and restructuring, as well as innovation reliefs.
Corporate Tax Manager:
“The best thing about RSM is the culture and the people. I have felt so well supported since joining. In a short space of time I have progressed within the firm and have been regularly recognised for my contributions. Everyone is seen as an individual, not a number. You can choose your own pathway with RSM, and the senior people in the firm are genuinely invested in making it an excellent place to spend your career”. About the role
As a result of sustained success and continued growth, we are investing in the Corporate Tax Team in the North West, where you will collaboratively work within RSM’s national and international network of tax professionals.
You will be an integral part of a high-performing tax compliance and advisory team that supports and advises a range of interesting and expanding companies who operate in a range of sectors, such as technology, manufacturing, leisure & tourism, retail, professional services and construction to name just a few.Responsibilities:
About the ideal candidate
- Operating as a key part of the client service team for a variety of clients across these sectors and therefore having regular dialogue with key members of the client’s team and working internally to plan the delivery of work.
- Delivering a high-quality corporation tax compliance service to your clients.
- Addressing any queries or enquiries regarding tax filings or payments from HMRC.
- Working closely with your colleagues to provide value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your clients’ business risks, challenges and opportunities. Such areas are likely to include: loss relief, tax relief on interest, transfer pricing, R&D tax relief, capital allowances, group reorganisations, shareholder reorganisations, international tax matters and acquisitions & disposals.
- Building your external network of peers (client and non-client).
- Assisting colleagues in other departments to help them provide a high-quality service to their clients and to identify tax related risks and opportunities for their clients. This will include working with our transactions team on tax due diligence projects and our restructuring advisory team on distress or insolvency cases.
- Maintaining a knowledge of the breadth of the firm’s capability as well as general business and economic factors relevant to our clients.
- Continually improving your skills, knowledge and capability for the benefit of our clients which you will be expected to embrace as part of your own development and promote by way of providing coaching and guidance to junior members of the team in a confident manner.
- ACA, ACCA and/or CTA (part-)qualified.
- Background in an Accountancy Practice with good knowledge of corporate tax.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experience of using specialist tax software is advantageous.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.About the Service Line Head
James Morris, Corporate Tax Partner: “I joined RSM in 2014 as a Tax Director. From the guidance and training I received in my own career development to the huge opportunities to help others in their development, I could not ask for a more supportive place to work. The people work as a team and towards a common goal. RSM is an exciting place to work too; the work is challenging and interesting, and the ability to shape the firm is there for everyone. I am proud to lead RSM’s Corporate Tax Practice and to support the RSM team as it continues to grow. I’ve personally benefitted from the opportunities at RSM and look forward to supporting others as they also build their careers in our business.”
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client's needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That's why we're working together to ensure our firm's principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.