Group Financial Control Manager
Contract Type: 12-month fixed-term contract, full-time Location:
London, St Pauls
Department: Group Finance
What the Hiring Manager says....
''A great opportunity to join a growing Financial Control team of a FTSE listed alternative asset manager. The team consists of 17 members and are responsible for the delivery of internal and external financial and regulatory reporting prepared for the Board, Shareholders and regulators of the ICG Group. This includes but is not limited to, the quarterly financial statements, monthly management reports and regulatory returns. In addition the team supports the management and the wider business in assessing the impact of accounting and business developments.''
A summary of this opportunity
The role will involve managing delivery of the monthly financial control close and supporting the design and enchancement of the internal financial control procedures. Co-ordination with a wide range of stakeholders and leading preparation of the monthly control reporting pack. Supporting the delivery of internal and external reporting and any related audit activity.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintianing and enhancing the monthly close as well as account ownership and control processes
- Ensuring a robust control environment underpins the reporting deliverables
- Delivery of timely and accurate management information
- Supporting key Finance and wider Group projects
- Supporting and delivery of external audit engagments
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
Key Requirements/ Qualifications
You will have demonstrable experience of:
- Post qualification experience in either Financial Reporting, Financial Regulatory Reporting or Financial Control
- Qualified Accountant - ACA or equivalent
- Strong control mindset and experience in control framework design
- Experience working for a Publicly listed organisation, Asset Manager, PE & Venture Capital or Other Financial Services/Professional Service Firms
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Our Global Benefits Framework is centred around these 3 key attributes:
- Wellbeing - Supporting your mental, physical and financial wellbeing as well as your lifestyle needs.
- Inclusivity - Fit for purpose and competitive, no matter who or where you are.
- Longevity - Long Term and sustainable in design.
ICG (Intermediate Capital Group) is a FTSE-listed, FCA-regulated alternative asset manager creating sustainable value by partnering with ambitious businesses. We have over 30 years' history and today we manage $68.5bn of assets and invest across the capital structure. The firm employs over 575 people in 15 countries around the world and is well positioned for growth and benefits from the long-term trend of increased demand for alternative investments.
To make the most of your career at ICG, you will be inquisitive, self-motivated, engaged, collaborative and agile. ICG is a place where we are all dedicated to achieving common goals.
Our teams describe ICG as ambitious, collaborative, empowered, entrepreneurial, professional and acting with integrity. We translated these attributes into a core set of values and, together with our purpose, this represents who we are today and whom we aspire to be tomorrow.
For three decades we have been constantly striving for excellence in all aspects of our business. Whether that is through the people who join us, how we support and develop them throughout their career, and the culture we create and live in. It is also evident in the role we play in society through the investments we make, our charity work and what we stand for.
We relentlessly pursue our ambition to provide an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has plenty of opportunities to contribute, succeed and be themselves.
ICG will provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No employee will be discriminated against in hiring or employment because of race, colour, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, ancestry, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.