Safran Seats designs and builds innovative, customised and high-value-added seating solutions for all classes: Economy, Premium Economy, Business and First class, as well as crew seats. Our complete range of ergonomic seats ensures passenger comfort, based on state-of-the-art design and engineered components to ensure optimised use of space. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide
Due to continuing growth, we seek an experienced Management Accountant to join our Cwmbran operation to provide finance and business support for the Engineering department. This role will include occasional travel to our Brackley and Paris sites.
As the Management Accountant for the Engineering business area you will provide month end accounting (inc posting month end journals) and reporting of financial performance based on IFRS15 Revenue from Contracts principles, providing analysis, understanding on variances and advice on corrective actions that could drive improvements. You will also be the finance approver for purchase requisitions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Overall IFRS15 reporting compliance for the business.
- Coordination and calculation of the annual RDEC self-assessment claim
- Coordination and calculation of the Patent Box tax claim
- Lead for financial submission of all Engineering/Technology grant applications.
- Facilitate and ensure robust inputs from business areas for forecasts, budgets and the MTP (Mid Term Plan)
- Working closely with the Finance Manager - Programmes & Engineering, the Management Accountant - Programmes and Purchasing, and the Programme Managers and Directors, to provide financial support for robust EAC reviews identifying if corrective action is required.
- Provide monthly analysis and forecasts of cost saving initiatives for the Engineering business area, including validation of claimed savings.
What will you bring?
- You will be an experienced and qualified Accountant, (CIMA / ACCA)
- Have a good understanding of discounted cash flow modelling and financial assessment of different business options.
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office packages, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Month end accounting, reporting and forecasting support in a cross functional environment within Industry
- Experience of working within a fast paced group company environment
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and Structured approach to work with the ability to prioritise
- Strong attention to detail - the role will prepare reports to be presented to senior Executives
- Analytical mindset
What do we offer?
Safran Seats GB offers a competitive salary, a stimulating and supportive working environment and a wide ranging benefits package including:
25 days holiday per year, which includes Christmas Shutdown, plus bank holidays - pro rata, which increase with service