The Advanced Group is currently executing an exciting and ambitious growth strategy and related finance transformation programme. A critical part of that process is the reshaping of the Tax Function, and we are seeking a bright, positive and ambitious professional to help us achieve this.
This is a vital role for the organisation which requires a pro-active and hands-on tax professional to support both the Direct and Indirect Tax Manager. The core objective of this role is to ensure that the Group remains tax compliant throughout all territories in which it operates, ensuring all returns, payments and accounting entries are submitted/processed as required.
The role offers an interesting blend of both direct and indirect tax exposure, working alongside more senior colleagues at the same time as completing a professional qualification in tax.
You will be part of a small team of 4, reporting into the Direct Tax Manager.
What You Will Do
- Working with the Direct Tax Manager and external advisors to ensure all corporation tax returns are prepared and filed on time in all the jurisdictions that it operates in (currently UK (85%), US, Ireland, India, Luxembourg, Singapore, Jersey, Canada, France, Israel, Italy, Romania, Australia).
- Working with the Direct Tax Manager to deliver quarterly and year-end tax reporting (consol) and tax provisions for local entity solus accounts.
- Maintain tax payment position across worldwide group.
- Assist Indirect Tax Manager with preparation of UK and Irish VAT returns.
- Working with local finance teams to ensure overseas VAT returns are prepared and submitted.
- Own the weekly Tax Deadline tracker and Tax Filing status and coordinate related actions across the team.
- Support the Group Tax Director in preparing periodic tax forecasts, tax updates for management and other presentations/reports.
- Support the team in maintaining appropriate tax risk management and SAO documentation.
What You Will Have
- Accounting qualification (ACA,ACCA) - part or newly qualified
- Experience working either in a similar in-house role or working in practice supporting similar businesses
- Good knowledge of UK tax legislation (corporate and indirect taxes) and the ability to develop knowledge of the international jurisdictions in which the Group operates
- Experience of working with finance systems and the ability to run reports
- Pro-active, hands-on working approach
- Ability to interpret and analyse financial data
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate cross functionally and across the Finance department.
- Understanding of all Microsoft Office applications.
What We Do For You
Wellbeing focused - Our people are our greatest assets, and ensuring everyone feels their best self to come to work is integral
- Annual Leave - 25 days of annual leave, plus public holidays and the ability to buy additional days
- Employee Assistance Programme - Free advice, support, and confidential counselling available 24/7 through Care First
- Endometriosis Friendly Employer - We are proud to confirm our commitment to developing an environment and culture that allows those with endometriosis to thrive in the workplace
Personal Growth - Regardless of where you are at in your career, we're committed to enabling your growth personally and professionally
- Development Programmes - From Future Managers to Leadership Training, our development programmes help you get where you need to go
- Performance Bonus - Our Group-wide bonus scheme enables you to reap the rewards of your success
Financial wellbeing - We understand as well as your mental wellbeing, your financial wellbeing is really important
- Pension Scheme - Our plan with Scottish Widows offers 5% matched contribution by the company
- Income protection insurance - Providing you with support and assistance when you need it most
Recognition - Highlighting and rewarding the great work our people do
- Values Awards - Our quarterly employee-driven initiative to highlight and reward the people in the organisation who embody our values the most
- Clear Review - Our own technology platform that allows you to get real-time feedback, conversations and goals to help you become your best self
Making a Difference - we provide opportunities to help our people make a difference to the causes they care about
- MatchIt! - Fundraise for a cause close to your heart and Advanced will match part of the funding
- Volunteering Time - Our volunteering leave scheme allows you to use your time to help those who need it
- Pennies from Heaven - donate the pennies from your pay check to help make a difference without lifting a finger
Who We Are
We are one the UK's largest tech companies, and our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses. We've grown phenomenally quickly with a £275m turnover and 2,800 employees supporting over 25,000 customers. We hire for potential. We want to make sure we have the best people for the job and provide genuinely equal opportunities for our people to thrive. Our recruitment process is designed with inclusion and equity at its core.
Find out more about the next steps once you've applied here - careers.oneadvanced.com/how-we-hire