Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic, and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is dedicated to delivering testing services that contribute to the health and safety of society and the planet, and to its corporate responsibility to protect the environment and ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion across the entire network of Eurofins companies.
Working hours are Monday - Friday, 37.5hrs per week.
This is a hybrid working position, with 2 days required in the Wolverhampton office and the remaining 3 days to be worked from home.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, the tax accountant will be an integral part of the Eurofins UK and global tax team. You will have the opportunity to work with the wider finance team and take an active role in assisting the senior tax manager to ensure the UK group is compliant with all relevant tax legislation.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of the quarterly VAT returns.
- Undertake regular VAT health check to ensure the UK group is compliant with relevant VAT legislations.
- Working closely with Senior Tax Manager to ensure the VAT group list is regularly updated for acquisitions and disposals.
- Work closely with Senior tax manager to review (Current and Deferred taxes) tax ledger balances on a quarterly basis and propose journals accordingly.
- Assist with the completion of the quarterly Group tax reporting packages.
- Support with the preparation and filing of the outsourced UK corporation tax returns.
- Assist the senior tax manager in resolving ad hoc queries from business units such as tax residence certificates, withholding taxes, customs clearance queries etc..
- Assist the Senior tax manager with discrete projects such as Senior Accounting officer, Corporate Criminal Offence, transfer pricing, global minimum tax, R&D etc.
- Recognised Accounting/Tax qualification such as ACA, ACCA, ATT.
- A least 2 years' experience of working in a similar role or an accounting practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a desire to succeed in a team environment.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, and a flexible working approach
- IT literate: advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and tax research and compliance software.
- Driven to develop and improve tax technical knowledge, techniques and processes, as well as interested in understanding non-tax financial aspects of an international group.
- Ability to manage several tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Broad awareness of tasks below; specific experience of the tasks not necessarily required.
At Eurofins we are growing, innovating and always learning. We celebrate the achievements of our employees through annual long service awards, recognise our colleagues special life events, and we are committed to charitable causes through global fundraising activities.
As a Eurofins employee you will benefit from:
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Health Cash Plan
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay Scheme
- Company Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential support.
- Free car parking
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Everyone who joins our team also gets access to Perkbox, allowing you to save money all year round. Whether its supermarket savings or days out, the daily coffee or a summer holiday - there's something to suit everyone's lifestyle.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
We support your development! Do you feel you don't match 100% of the requirements? Don't hesitate to apply anyway! Eurofins companies are committed to supporting your career development.