London - One Canada Square, Level 25
Business - Infrastructure
Brookfield Infrastructure Group is one of Brookfield's primary operating groups. The Infrastructure Group is one of the world's largest infrastructure investors, owning and operating critical assets across the transport, utilities, energy, and data infrastructure sectors. The Group operates and manages approximately $140 billion of assets owned through its private funds and publicly listed entity, Brookfield Infrastructure Partners. Our portfolio of assets facilitate the movement and storage of energy, water, freight, passengers and data, and are located in North and South America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions. For more information, visit: https://www.brookfield.com/our-businesses/infrastructure
Brookfield has a unique and dynamic culture. We seek team members who have a long-term focus and whose values align with our Attributes of a Brookfield Leader: Entrepreneurial, Collaborative and Disciplined. Brookfield is committed to the development of our people through challenging work assignments and exposure to diverse businesses.
You will be a key member of the Infrastructure European Portfolio Management team, reporting directly to the Director, Finance. The objective of the team is to partner effectively with our European operating businesses and internal stakeholders to drive performance, generate value, and act as a trusted resource on financial matters. The incumbent is accountable for supporting the Director, Finance in continuing to build a 'best in class' finance function and handling all finance/accounting matters pertaining to the operating platform. Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide timely, high-quality FP&A (results and liquidity forecasting, growth capital and backlog analysis, KPI analysis, etc) to enable sound decision making
- Direct involvement in annual business planning and valuation processes for the European platform, including review and data manipulation of complex financial models
- Preparation of quarterly results presentation for Brookfield senior management
- Review of quarterly/annual financial reporting (IFRS and private funds) submissions by operating assets, and assist in preparation of opening balance sheets using purchase price accounting
- Develop a thorough understanding of operating businesses in order to explain performance and strategic issues in a clear, concise manner
- Assist in onboarding and integration of new assets into Brookfield finance and accounting processes
- Frequent communication with the finance teams of operating businesses and of Brookfield Infrastructure
- Identification of ways to improve and streamline processes in the context of a growing operating platform
- Strategic ad-hoc analysis and special projects as required
This position offers an opportunity for growth within the Infrastructure team and wider Brookfield Asset Management group. To qualify, candidates must have:
- Recognized professional accounting designation - ACA or ACCA;
- 1-2 years PQE work experience in a finance or accounting function;
- Strong financial systems experience, including advanced Excel;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative;
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with an additional European language desirable;
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.
Brookfield is committed to maintaining a Positive Work Environment that is safe and respectful; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence or harassment.
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are grateful for your interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for pre-screening will be contacted.