Energise your career, accelerate a net-zero future - #Renewablesjobs
An exciting opportunity has become available within our Strategy, Markets & Investment team for a Senior Investment Analyst accountable within the S.M.I team for supporting the investment appraisal for our existing portfolio of renewable energy and battery storage projects and a pipeline of new growth opportunities, including (but not limited to) acquisitions, disposals, auction bids and greenfield development opportunities.
You will be working on multiple projects across the GB and Irish markets, completing formal valuations and analysis to help inform development decisions, optimisation of projects (including financing) and the underpinning of final investment decision in new projects.
This is a high-profile role with significant responsibilities, where the successful applicant will be expected to provide valued support and insight to drive the delivery of EDF R growth.
Pay, benefits and culture
At EDF Renewables we’re dedicated to doing good things and we take pride in tackling the world’s biggest challenge - climate change. We do this by embracing new ideas to create an innovative and open-minded culture, a culture where we trust the best versions of ourselves to make good things happen.
Alongside a competitive salary, bonus, and a market-leading pension scheme, we offer a range of flexible benefits, and employee discounts to help you thrive across all aspects of your life. You can spend your flexible fund on the benefits that matter to you, whether that’s an electric vehicle, private healthcare, or additional holiday.
We’ll offer you the flexibility, freedom and responsibility to make an impact in your role; whether that’s on-site, in the office or hybrid working from home.
We’re committed to championing diversity representation across gender, ethnicity, LGBT+, disability and more. This applies to all our roles, underpinned by our Everyone’s Welcome inclusion programme.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
What you’ll be doing
Your role will be to oversee the workload and development of junior analysts within the investment team, providing coaching and delegating work as appropriate.
• Lead on investment appraisal activities by taking ownership for the running and development of associated valuation models. This will include both project and equity return metrics.
• Being the lead contact (Business Partner) to the relevant Business Unit’s growth team, identifying areas to add value through analysis and managing and prioritising requests for analysis and valuation.
• Communicating the impact of valuation and financial analysis to senior decision makers and development teams (or other non-financial teams) within the business to aid decision support.
• Contributing to operating efficiency and best practice within the S.M.I team through review / challenge of models and process, including to deputising for other S.M.I Business Partners where required.
• Providing analytical support to other areas within S.M.I including, but not limited, assessing the impact of policy and regulatory changes, corporate PPA pricing and M&A valuations.
• Managing internal and external stakeholders relating to valuation and financing activities associated with projects or transactions.
What do you need to be great at this role?
Passion Power - you’ll have a demonstrable passion for renewables and each day will live EDF R’s vision to accelerate a Net Zero future where clean energy powers our lives.
• Strong Analytical Skills - as an advanced Microsoft Excel user, you’ll be an excellent financial modeller and have a strong understanding and experience of using valuation techniques (e.g. project/ equity IRR, NPV etc) to assess the economic viability of projects.
• Telling The Story - you can effectively articulate the problem and explain why you are solving it, providing clear and concise commercial rationale for any recommendations that can be easily interpreted by colleagues from non-financial disciplines.
• Planning & Prioritising - you’ll be able to manage competing demands from multiple project managers and regularly communicate these with stakeholders to ensure priorities are met to the highest quality, first time.
• Create The Right Solution - you challenge established practices and identify better ways to meet the business’ needs, contributing to continuous improvement activities.
• Trusted Advisor - you build strong relationships both within S.M.I to support the growth and development of yourself and the team, and across the wider business where your insight is valued and provide confidence to senior stakeholders in recommending investment decisions.
• Supporting your Ambitions - you may have already achieved a professional qualification in a financial / related discipline or be looking to start / continue the journey toward furthering your own knowledge and skills in certain areas.
Closing date for applications: 11th of February 2024
We are flexible on location within the UK as we offer hybrid working. However, the team are based from London or Edinburgh.
Why EDF Renewables?
At EDF Renewables UK & Ireland we’re committed to tackling climate change. Our rapidly growing team of 500 talented people share an ambition to create a net zero future where clean, green, energy powers all our lives.
It’s a huge ambition and time is of the essence if we are to play our full part in meeting the UK and Ireland’s challenging net zero targets. With our unique mix of technologies including onshore and offshore wind, solar PV, battery storage and green hydrogen we are the UK & Ireland’s most diverse generator of renewable energy.
To achieve our goal of generating a massive 10GW of renewable energy by 2035, we’re working with stakeholders and communities throughout the UK and Ireland to unlock the enormous potential of the low carbon energy sector.
If you’re passionate about tackling climate change to create the cleaner, greener future we all want, we would love you to come join us.
Join us, and let’s do good together.
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK’s largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.