Fresh Directs Accounts Payable Department are looking to recruit for an experienced Accounts Payable Associate, on a full-time basis for a 15-month Fixed Term Contract.
Working Monday - Friday, this role is offering hybrid working with 3 day per week in the Wigan office, so you must live within a commutable distance.
The role will involve managing the purchase ledger, to include invoice processing, payment and reconciliations ensuring the smooth running of the accounts payable function. Key Accountabilities &
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Dealing with the checking of and processing of purchase and overhead invoices.
- Handling of supplier invoice queries (to include shortages, rejected products, and price discrepancies).
- Supplier statement reconciliations and inter-company reconciliations.
- The production of weekly and monthly payment runs.
- Matching delivery notes and credit notes to invoices, where necessary.
- Dealing with suppliers as regards payment reminder letters and telephone calls.
- Daily/weekly bank reconciliations and petty cash.
- To efficiently communicate with all relevant departments to ensure all issues raised are channeled to the relevant personnel.
- To liaise with other Fresh Direct depots, as necessary, with regard to suppliers.
- To work in a team-based environment where all colleagues work together for the good of the business.
- Via both formal and informal meetings ensure that your line manager or the board of FDUK are kept updated on any opportunities or threats that could impact the business.
- Through the department provide ongoing intelligence/data/information that can be used by other departments in order to make more informed decisions.
- Maintain and contribute to a working knowledge of Fresh Directs policies and regulations.
- Specific projects or activities as directed by either your line manager, FDUK or Fresh Direct Holdings.
Candidates need to have previous Accounts Payable experience or relevant experience working within a finance team with strong communication skills, a good telephone manner and ability to write clear and articulate emails. Someone who is able to prioritise workloads and work well under pressure whilst using their own initiative to achieve KPIs and SLAs. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office - intermediate Excel ability required (V-Lookups/Pivot Tables) is required. Knowledge of SAP is advantageous but not a requirement as training will be provided.What you’ll receive:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance, with option to purchase 5 additional holiday days
- Pension scheme
- Hybrid working contract
- Huge discounts on all sorts of lovely food and award-winning products through our staff shop
- Discounts on Cinema tickets, shopping and earn cashback on purchases through Sodexo.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Career progression opportunities - being part of Fresh Direct and the wider Sysco group, the world’s leading foodservice business, opens up a world of possibility
At Fresh Direct everyone is welcome. We don’t want you to ‘fit our culture’ we want you to help define it and we actively celebrate the unique talents of each and every colleague. We don’t just look at your CV, we’re more focused on who you are and your potential. As part of our values, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a voice, is appreciated and has the same opportunities. We work hard to ensure that everyone feels part of our business, as we care for one another and connect the world through food and trusted partnerships. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that everyone belongs and thrives at Fresh Direct and we recognise that Fresh Direct can only thrive when everyone feels they belong. We'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our resourcing team who will be happy to support you.