Reporting into the Head of Group Financial Reporting & Accounting, this is a newly created role to centralise performance of a number of key activities related to dentsu international's statutory financial statements. Job Title:
Financial Controller - Global statutory accounts
UK holding and funding companies
The role will be Financial Controller to a suite of around 10 UK intermediate holding companies and funding entities that are generally involved in low volume, high value transactions related to acquisitions and group funding.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review and submission of month end group reporting deliverables for the entities into the Group's consolidation system
- Preparation and/or review of journals into the ERP system
- Review of the entities' monthly balance sheet reconciliations, prepared by in-house finance service teams, in accordance with Group policies
- Approval of payments for the entities
- Preparation of limited information required for budgeting / forecasting
- Annual impairment reviews for the individual investments held by the holding companies
- Preparation of the individual annual statutory financial statements for the entities under FRS 101
- Leading the annual audit process in respect of the entities
- Regular liaison with Group Financial Reporting & Accounting, Group Treasury and Group Tax teams to understand the pipeline of transactions impacting the entities and early identification of related accounting entries
- Liaison with Tax and Company Secretarial teams with respect to matters affecting the entities
The role will have responsibility for elements of the accounting for the Group's parent company, working closely with the Global Functions team.
- Review of certain monthly balance sheet reconciliations for group parent company
- Preparation of individual annual statutory financial statements for Group's parent company under FRS 101, for inclusion in the Group's consolidated financial statements
- Liaison with various functional teams with respect to matters affecting the entity
Global statutory accounts
Given the role will sit within the Group Financial Reporting & Accounting team, it will also be responsible for various aspects of Group activities related to statutory accounts.
- Monitoring of global completion status of local statutory accounts, providing regular formal updates to management and preparation of relevant sections of Audit Committee documents
- Liaison with the Group auditors in respect of delays to the filing of local statutory accounts and audit issues arising, escalating to the Group Financial Reporting & Accounting team as necessary
- Review of reconciliations of local statutory accounts to group reporting
- Managing the Group's local letters of support process: tracking requests, reviewing financials; liaison with local teams, local auditors and group auditors; and arranging for signature
- Supporting other finance business priorities related to statutory reporting as required
- Accountancy or financial qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience of IFRS-based statutory accounts, either through external audit or group finance teams
- Strong understanding of accounting standards related to holding / funding companies: investments, borrowings, foreign exchange, intercompany, impairment, etc.
- Excellent time and project management skills to be able to prioritise workflow in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong Excel skills - proficient in VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, SUMIF, SUMIFS, nested formulae, PIVOT tables, etc.
- Strong Word and PowerPoint skills
- Undergraduate degree (2.1 or equivalent)
- Understanding of consolidation systems (BPC or Hyperion preferred) or ERP systems
- Advanced Excel knowledge (i.e., macros/VBA) an advantage but not required.
Key personal attributes
- Strong communication, influencing, collaboration and relationship building skills across global cultures
- Curious and robust, with a strong attention to detail
- An agile mindset, with the confidence to operate and problem solve in a complex corporate environment
- Personal confidence to operate alongside senior management on a day-to-day basis
- A self starter, with the ability to drive a clear direction with minimal supervision
- Desire to work in a values driven environment, embracing the dentsu values.