The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing the UK financial accounting process, including maintaining the general ledger and ensuring the smooth operation of all UK accounting operations, including local accounts receivables and accounts payables functions. Collaborating with the US Accounting Team, the Finance Manager ensures that entries and analyses supporting the consolidation of subsidiaries are complete. Additionally, the Finance Manager takes a leadership role in training, developing, motivating, and evaluating staff, fostering a high level of employee commitment and competence to achieve departmental and company goals in a sustained and self-reliant manner.
Vistage is the world's largest CEO coaching and peer advisory organization for small and midsize business (SMB) leaders. We offer the most effective approach for SMB enterprises to achieve better results and grow faster, as well as for SMB leaders to maximize their impact.
The 45,000+ members we serve are CEOs, owners and executives of SMB organizations located across the US and in 35 counties worldwide. These SMB executives spend a day or more with Vistage every month to immerse themselves in our comprehensive platform for making better decisions, getting better results and becoming better leaders. Our platform features three core elements: valuable perspectives from a trusted group of peers, professional guidance and meeting facilitation from an accomplished business leader (the Chair), and deep insights from subject matter experts.
Vistage was founded more than 65 years ago, and we've grown every year since then by innovating to stay on the cutting edge of business and being relentless in delivering value to our members. Our success is demonstrated by the fact that Vistage member companies grow 2.2 times faster than non-Vistage peer companies. Learn more about us at www.vistage.com.
Vistage is the world's largest CEO coaching and peer advisory organisation for small and medium size business (SME) leaders. We offer the most effective approach for SME enterprises to achieve better results and grow faster as well as for SME leaders to maximize their impact.
The 45,000+ members we serve are MDs/CEOs, owners and executives of SMEB organisations located across the UK and around the world. These SME executives typically spend a day or more with Vistage every month to immerse themselves in our comprehensive platform for making better decisions, getting better results and becoming better leaders. Our platform features three core elements: valuable perspectives from a trusted group of peers, professional guidance and meeting facilitation from an accomplished business leader (the Chair), and deep insights from subject matter experts.
Vistage was founded more than 65 years ago and we've grown every year since then by innovating to stay on the cutting-edge of business and being relentless in delivering value to our members. Our success is demonstrated by the fact that Vistage member companies grow 2.2 times faster than non-Vistage peer companies. Learn more about us at vistage.co.uk.
VISTAGE EMPLOYEE LIFE
Vistage's success is anchored by a unique culture which reinforces employee commitment to the Vistage mission. It is a spirit of collective success and achievement which is also reflected in our workplace. Here's a sample of the employee experience that helps drive our success:
- Welcome to our home. Our UK Office sits in Hedge End, Southampton while out US headquarters sits in San Diego, California. The Hedge End office features an open, modern aesthetic with lots of collaboration spaces and an onsite tea room.
- We invest in your career. Each employee has an actionable career progression plan developed through individual collaboration with their manager. We focus on promoting from within and employee progression plans are complemented by all-staff development days held in our state-of-the-art learning center as well as access to tons of individualized development resources and a tuition reimbursement program.
- We invest in you. Our employee benefits program incredibly generous! We offer life insurance of 4 times your base salary up to a maximum £1,250,000 benefit. Take care of your financial future with a pension plan where employees are automatically enrolled at a 5% contribution, and matching of 4%. You'll also start with 20 days annual leave to allow you to relax and recharge . . . employees receive additional annual paid days off based on tenure. All employee's also have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Travel Emergency Service, and more!
- We keep it fun! Whether you're enjoying office celebrations, unwinding during an employee happy hour or toasting your co-workers at our epic annual holiday party, you'll see that we take having fun as seriously as helping our members succeed! The office vibe is business casual with flexible schedules along with freedom to work from home in bunny slippers if that's your thing! We value mutual respect and laughter . . . we hate stiff formality. You'll have regular access to Vistage executives-our CEO even buys everyone doughnuts several times a year to fuel his informal employee chats!
Vistage's culture and sense of mission drives employee loyalty: more than half of our staff has been with the company for five years or longer. Are you ready to start your Vistage journey? RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, train, develop, motivate, and evaluate staff in order to maintain a high level of employee commitment and competence for sustained and self-reliant performance and achievement of the department and the company goals.
- Oversee the financial accounting process including general ledger maintenance; monthly close journal entries; preparation of balance sheet reconciliations; and financial reporting.
- Oversee Accounting Operations functions including local Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables functions.
- Work with the US Accounting Team to ensure entries and analysis that support consolidation of subsidiaries is complete.
- Work with the Membership Team to ensure processes that impact accounting functions are appropriate and effective.
- Provide required schedules in support of both management and external reporting.
- Develop, drive and improve internal policies & procedures to ensure compliance and the highest integrity of the Company's financial results.
- Be a direct contributor to various cross-functional projects that impact the UK.
- Support the Budgeting and Forecasting process by liaising with the FP&A group.
- Prepare schedules for year-end Audits (statutory and US Financial Statement) and respond to various related inquiries.
- Prepare appropriate VAT returns and work with Tax Partners to ensure proper completion of the Company Accounts and respective tax filings.
- 5+ years of progressive Accounting experience with 2 years of supervisory experience
- 2+ years of public accounting experience preferred;
- CPA / ACA, ACCA / CIMA or equivalent certification and knowledge of various GAAP and IFRS accounting rules.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting required
- Demonstrated Excel expertise
- Excellent leadership and relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains), Management Reporter or similar accounting software applications preferred.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent Communicator
- Personal Integrity & Character
- Self-disciplined, ability to work independently
- Team Player, Independent yet Supportive
- Creative and Innovative Thinker
- Professional Presence and Manner
Hybrid in Southampton, UK; 2 days onsite, 3 days offsite