Founded by British makeup artist, Charlotte Tilbury MBE, in 2013, Charlotte Tilbury Beauty revolutionised the face of the global beauty industry by de-coding makeup application for every person, at any age, with an easy-to-use, easy-to-choose, easy-to-gift range. Today, Charlotte Tilbury Beauty, continues to break records across countries, channels, and categories.
This newly created role sits within the Group Finance team, reporting to the Head of Tax. As the Group VAT Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of VAT compliance for the Group. The Group has subsidiaries across the UK, Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific but will primarily be responsible for EMEA and UK. There will also be quite a lot of exposure to VAT consulting projects across the Group.
- Support the preparation of the VAT returns in the EMEA, liaising with tax advisors.
- Oversight of VAT submissions and payments ensuring on-time delivery and compliance.
- Support the Head of Tax, on some ad hoc tax and customs projects, issues and opportunities arising in the UK and Internationally
- Providing technical input and support for Intrastat and EC sales listing declarations.
- Dealing with VAT correspondence and notices from tax authorities, including key role assisting with Indirect tax audits - providing data and responding to queries.
- Supporting the interpretation and development of analytical reviews of new indirect tax policies, procedures and regulations.
- Supporting the Team in the advancement of the long-term VAT technology strategy in relation to the Markets business - Making Tax Digital
- Work closely with the business to raise awareness of VAT issues, provide guidance on invoicing and the review of VAT accounting entries and ledgers.
- Experience in a multinational company either ideally in an indirect tax function, or from an accounting and tax services advisory firm.
- CTA or equivalent is preferred
- Professional qualification in accounting or tax.
- Advanced excel skills (Vlookups, Pivot tables, Sum If, etc)
- Good understanding of UK taxes (mainly corporation tax and VAT).
- Excellent organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, having the confidence to communicate clearly with senior management and challenge commercial teams
- Comfortable dealing with a cross section of stakeholders, both finance and non-finance
- Ability to think logically and methodically
- Positive 'can-do' attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Flexible & proactive, with an eagerness to learn
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload effectively within a scaling business
Charlotte Tilbury is a fast-paced and dynamic environment where nimble mindsets, striving to deliver the best and wanting to be part of a #dreaamteam are key. Even though we have requirements our experience and background are just a guide, we still love to welcome applicants with more or less experience stated, provided necessary skills can be demonstrated. Even if you don't tick all the boxes - Apply anyway!
- Generous staff discount
- Generous product gifting
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid & flexible
- Dog friendly office on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Access to Tilbury Treats - discounts on everything from gym memberships to cinema tickets.
- Other fabulous benefits such as life assurance, birthdays off work and pension contribution.
At Charlotte Tilbury, our mission is to empower everybody in the world to be the most beautiful version of themselves. We support this by encouraging and hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices, beliefs, and perspectives into our growing global workforce. By doing so, we better serve our communities, customers, employees - and the candidates that take part in our recruitment process.
WE WOULD LOVE TO WELCOME YOU TO OUR DREAM TEAM...APPLY TODAY