Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
The Fund Finance, FI Coverage, GCIB EMEA is the product office for Fund Finance in EMEA. MUFG is a prominent lender in the Fund Finance market with teams based in New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Singapore and London. Fund Finance is a growth strategy in EMEA.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Support the structuring and execution of Fund Finance - Subscription Facility/Capital Call transactions for MUFG in EMEA. Support the origination of new Subscription Facility/Capital Call transactions with the Head of Fund Finance
- Support the structuring and execution of Fund Finance Subscription Facilities (capital call) transactions for MUFG in EMEA including reviewing and negotiating of facility and fund documentation and liaising with the client, external and internal counterparties.
- Self-confident and ability to deal directly with Financial Sponsors, Asset Managers and Fund / Lender legal counsel
- Analyse and produce structural risk memoranda and reports including transaction modelling and rating in accordance with market standards and MUFG's internal procedures/methodologies.
- Support the origination activities will be co-ordinated with the FIG Sponsor Coverage team and the Head of Fund Finance
- Identify Subscription Facility opportunities from the MUFG client base and contribute to the regular marketing plan in conjunction with the FIG Sponsor Coverage team and Head of Fund Finance
- Manage day to day client or counterparty interactions at a counterparty level to relay specific information and respond to routine queries ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Support lead structurer manage the deal team with allocated activities
- Support new product developments in Fund Finance such as Net Asset Value (NAV) facilities in conjunction with Sponsor Coverage / Structured Solutions team
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate engagement and support to develop, secure and maximise product and deal opportunities.
- Assist with the development of knowledge of the Subscription Facility/Fund Finance product within MUFG EMEA
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Basic understanding of structured finance
Experience of Subscription Facility /Capital Call transactions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Proven experience and interest working across Funds Finance, and a range of facilities
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Knowledge and skill working with Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree level educated or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision-making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up. Speak Up.
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute