Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to "be the world's most trusted financial group", we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do. We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG's shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges. The group's operating companies include, but are not limited to, MUFG Bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com
Credit Strategy Group (CSG) implements and facilitates the Chief Credit Officer's (CCrO) responsibilities for credit portfolio risk management and ensures a robust operating environment to managing credit risk. CSG in EMEA is responsible for:
- Defining Credit Strategy and Credit Culture through Credit Risk Appetite and Credit Risk Policies & Procedures.
- Providing insight into portfolio risks and proposing optimisation strategies to Front Office.
- Identification of emerging risks (e.g. single name, country, sector) and highlighting portfolio vulnerabilities.
- Ensuring a robust Risk and Control environment to support the Credit Risk Framework
- Supporting global and EMEA Credit Risk Management.
This function includes the following teams: Credit Risk Policy & Framework (CRPF), Credit Portfolio Analysis (CPA) and Credit Solutions Management (CSM).
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The role requires the writing of reports under the supervision of the line manager, (or their appointed deputy). The role holder will contribute to senior management forums as required by the line manager and support the division in terms of its country grade process input, statistical provision and establishment and enhancement of EMEA Country Risk monitoring systems for all countries in the region as required
- To support the Head of CSG for EMEA and all CSG Team Heads with initiatives including and not exclusive to credit risk, portfolio reporting and Management Information (MI).
- To provide insights, analysis and support across the three lines of defence in EMEA. This would involve being a central contact point and liaison for stakeholders; coordinating queries and requests with CSG team members accordingly.
- To partake in the maintenance, upkeep and enhancement of the core credit risk system in EMEA.
- To provide team members technical, logistical and diligent support with their day-to-day activities.
- Responsible for analysing economic and political conditions of all EMEA countries and periodic issuance of written reports on sovereign/country risk issues.
- Responsible for automating and improving data support for EMEA Country Risk research products, with a primary focus upon Middle East and Africa.
- Responsible for delivering and contributing to presentations, discussions and forums within the Bank on the EMEA region when required by the line manager.
- Responsible for contributing to the internal country grading process, statistical provision and establishment and enhancement of monitoring systems for all EMEA countries as required.
- Responsible for the writing and editing of reports under the supervision of the line manager.
- Responsible for analysing and reporting country risk issues, including any country credit events, to senior management.
- Responsible for collaborating with EMEA Credit Managers and relevant Tokyo stakeholders for setting country policies
- Prior experience working in a similar research post in another bank or economics intelligence institution.
- Sovereign debt restructuring and/or ratings agency exposure.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and keeping to set-down work guidelines.
- Experience and knowledge of bank products and policy formulation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Working knowledge of statistical modelling and economic forecasting model work.
- Analytical skills with ability to identify key issues, trends and implications from large data sets
- Fluent English - spoken and written
- An ability to write in clear and disciplined manner that is commensurate with working in a Bank.
Education / Qualifications:
- BA (Honours) in Economics/Economic History/ Development Economics, or a similar field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Stakeholder management and effective communication.
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly.
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
- A structured and logical approach to work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A creative and innovative approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up. Speak Up.
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute