More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON'T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Our Private Capital corporate tax team specialises in looking after exciting entrepreneurial businesses - we focus on the tax affairs of privately owned and private equity backed companies. These are exciting businesses to work with, they are dynamic, entrepreneurial and often fast growing and they need us to help them navigate their increasingly complex tax compliance obligations and support with a range of tax advisory projects as they grow, restructure and consider succession planning.
Our approach is to work hard to build a strong trusted adviser relationship - we listen to what they want to achieve from a business and a personal perspective and help them do so in the most tax efficient way.
We are part of a much wider national tax practice that also consists of corporate and multinational (who deal with groups with significant multi-national footprint and inhouse tax functions) and our specialist services (innovation tax, employment taxes, VAT and real estate). We are able to draw on this specialist expertise to support our Private Capital clients as they grow.
A look into the role
As a member of our Private Capital corporate tax team you will have the opportunity to work with a varied client base, from owner-managed business to private equity backed businesses.
As an Associate Director within our Private Capital corporate tax team, you will:
- Be advising a broad range of clients on a range of tax issues, covering a broad range of compliance and advisory projects
- Be actively involved in client meetings, concisely and confidently answering client queries
- Engender trust and respect from clients by producing high quality tax advice accurately, delivering on expectations and deadlines
- Lead from the front in regards to delivering client work, engaging with the wider Tax teams to ensure correct skill utilisation on all projects
- Take responsibility for developing more junior team members, understanding their career aspiration and support in this delivery
- Provide intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively, taking an active approach to cross-selling wider solutions for other teams around the GT network.
- Lead on pitch/proposals. You'll actively grow the business by being present in the market and demonstrating our capabilities to clients and targets.
Knowing you're right for us
Joining us as an Associate Director, the minimum criteria you'll need is a professional qualification (CTA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with post qualification experience, and to be confident managing a portfolio of entrepreneurial business clients.
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, we'll help you develop along the way:
- You'll possess strong knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation and a working knowledge of international concepts
- You'll have reviewed work and supervised people in a tax environment
- You'll have gained experience working within a professional services environment
- You'll have experience of managing a large portfolio of tax clients
- You'll have demonstrable Business Development experience
- An eagerness to develop deep knowledge of the firm's services and capabilities
Knowing we're right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential. All gender identities and sexual orientations are welcome to apply for any position within Grant Thornton and our flexible, non-gender specific dress code encourages everyone to dress for their diary.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.