Full Time Permanent
Borehamwood, HertfordshireWorking Hours
: Monday - Friday
- We will offer you a competitive package.
- A fully funded study package towards a professional qualification.
- Extensive benefits for you and your family.
- A comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer.
- Sopher + Co strongly believes in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships, and expats. Their roots in Elstree led to their early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then, they have grown immensely, with their portfolio now spanning over 20 industries. Their success is within the staff - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting their commitment to excellent client experience.The Role - Bookkeeper:
We are looking for a Bookkeeper to join an Audit and Accounts team at our Borehamwood office. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients. You will provide accurate bookkeeping services to a diverse range of clients, as well as:
About you - Bookkeeper:
- Record clients' financial transactions.
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners.
- Complete VAT returns and file VAT returns online.
- Manage profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- File historical records and retrieve necessary documents.
- Record cash receipts and handling bank deposits.
- Provide administrative and clerical support.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C's - change, challenge, and commitment.In Return
We will offer you a competitive package, including a fully funded study package towards a professional qualification, extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business .