Parsyl is a data-powered insurance and risk management provider for essential supply chains in food and health. Our mission is to end the days of “ship and pray” and build a world where everyone, everywhere can trust the quality of the goods they rely on, from the foods they eat to the medicines they need. Parsyl has won several awards for its innovation and leadership, including:
- The US Department of State ACE Award for Sustainable Supply Chain Leadership
- European Risk Management Award for Claims Innovation of the Year
- Top Workplace Awards from both BuiltIn and The Denver Post
What You Bring to Parsyl
We are creating a mission-driven team that aims to transform the essential supply chain industry. You will be an integral role within the Finance and Accounting team, primarily responsible for managing the books and records of Lloyd’s Syndicate 1796 and Parsyl’s UK entities. You will be part of a team working to accurately and efficiently provide critical financial information to support the company’s growth.
Where You'll Work
Parsyl is headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We also have an office in the center of the insurance district in London. In this role, you will report to the Controller, who is based out of Denver. This role will be based in the UK and have the option to work primarily remotely from anywhere in the UK. In-office presence in our London office of up to 1-2 days per month will be required, so candidates should be able to commute on occasion to London.
What You'll Lead On:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting:
- Process and post journal entries in NetSuite for all UK-controlled entities.
- Ensure accurate and efficient recording of technical accounting entries.
- Maintain syndicate subledgers (revenue, debtors, creditors, etc).
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts, investigating differences on a timely basis.
- Produce quarterly reinsurance bordereau reports for external audiences.
- Liaise with managing agent on various monthly close and reporting processes.
- Bring in-house all accounting activities currently performed by managing agent and external consultants.
- Manage premium collections for the syndicate.
- Produce and review the Aged Debtors report on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Insurance Operations team with general accounting inquiries, premium collection efforts, and premium bordereau reporting for Consortium.
- Analyze internal processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Compliance and Auditing:
- Complete requests and produce deliverables for financial and non-financial audits by external auditors.
- Coordinate with external VAT consultants to ensure timely completion of quarterly VAT reporting.
Parsyl is committed to cultivating a diverse pool of candidates interested in joining a mission-driven company. We are building an inclusive team at Parsyl that welcomes different perspectives and creative ideas.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Knowledge and experience of Insurance accounting and UK GAAP
- Proficiency with NetSuite ERP
- Prior experience with the London Insurance Market
- Syndicate management experience
- Proven reconciliation skills including data manipulation and critical thinking
- Intermediate Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel skills (Team primarily works in Google Sheets)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with teams across different time zones
- Problem-solving skills with a passion for improving operational processes
- A critical eye for attention to detail
- A clear and strong communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
It's a bonus if you also have:
- Prior experience within the cargo industry
- Qualified as a chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
Market competitive salary depending on a candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skills.
Additional Benefits include:
- Stock options
- Private medical and dental insurance (100% of premiums for employees and 75% of premiums for dependents)
- Employer pension contribution
- Group Life Assurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 25 Days of Paid Holiday Leave
- Company Breaks - quarterly mental health days, summer break, winter break (subject to insurance team coverage and in conjunction with paid holiday leave).
- Paid sabbatical program
- Flexible hybrid work environment
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Home office set-up benefit
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend